1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

The Busse Combat Heavy Ordnance Grade Basic 8

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Will York, Dec 17, 2013.

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2017.
  1. Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  1. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Still no pics. :(

Last call for the HOGB8!!! :eek: CG just departed the website.

2. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    There’s a GREAT comparison shot by cut-it-out of the B8LE and Dog Soldier side-by-side in Post 27 of the Dog Soldier-in-hand thread.

Clearly shows the difference in handle drop on the new model Res-C knives. :thumbsup:

3. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Shoot thank you for heads up. I did it the hard why by screenshotting them. Guess they are just too big.

4. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Usually if they're too big to upload to the forum, you'll get an error box when the upload tries to complete saying that they're too big.

5. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks they where doing that to me so then I resized them (I though) and it let me upload and post. Then 30 mins later nothing there. Tried it again, same thing. Oh well the screen shots didn't turn out half bad.

6. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    Oh, MAN, those pics are gorgeous, h.i.m—thank you! As I recall that hike to the lakes is straight up! :eek:

LOVE the Sangre de Cristos. Have hiked them in CO and well down into NM in the Pecos Wilderness.:cool: One of my favorite views of the range is from the north end, on Stoney Face near Waugh Mtn, looking south along the eastern face of the range. Chaffee County used to have a sign at the county line near there: “Now THIS is Colorado”!:D

7. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015
    Thank you sir, and you are very welcome! Yessir its upsy, about 4k VF from the Rainbow Trail, about 5miles total from the trail head to Lower Stout. Think its over 1 vertical mile from the TH to the summit of the higher of the Twin Sisters which is on the west side of the bowl! :eek::cool:

Oh man sounds like you know the area well Will! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I am familiar with that view, and that is Chaffee County's Slogan!

8. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    That tells me you’re a hunter. No one else has reason to climb out on that side of Stoney Face!:D

Some of my favorite country anywhere—simply magical.:thumbsup:

Thanks again! Been awhile for me—too long.

(Just noticed the Post number!:thumbsup:)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Stump Buster and hydeinmind like this.
  9. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015

Ha guilty as charged sir lol! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Believe it or not that day is was just exploring haha! I love that drive on CR12 and CR2 from Cotopaxi to Salida! Really have enjoyed some of your hiking pics in this thread also Will! :) Cheers to the release of the HOGB8! ;)

10. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    I agree! So much fun in this thread. Helluva ride!:thumbsup::D

hydeinmind likes this.
  11. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Awesome pics, thanks for posting them! :cool: :thumbsup: That's why I love my home state of CO, and plan to stay here until I die (if I have anything to say about it).

Some of my most memorable backpacking trips were in the Weminuche Wilderness not far from there, but it's been awhile. Some of the most beautiful hiking in the state down in that area. Some pretty rugged country too! :D

hydeinmind likes this.
  12. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    It’s such a beautiful state—living there was a liberating experience for me. While scouting a potential hunting area up in the Sangre range one day I came across a little sign on a stake that summed it up for me. I think some guy must have loved the area so much that he carried the body of his dog to that spot for burial. It simply read:

SMOKEY
    This is where
    The wild run free​

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  13. hydeinmind

Nov 30, 2015

Thank you sir, glad you like them! It really is a magical beautiful state! I am envious of anyone who gets to call it home for any length of time. I was very close to making a move there myself, moved home instead to SW Kansas so now I have to settle for visiting every chance I get. To me, it never gets old! ;):)

Awesome Will, just awesome. Like I mentioned above, envious lol! This is exactly how I feel when I'm lucky enough to frequent that part of the country, for me, up in those mountains, Freedom! :)

14. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    When our 10-year-old granddaughter steps out on the trail with us, first thing, she spreads her arms, looks up at the sky, and says, “Freedom.”

hydeinmind, Busto and Stump Buster like this.
  15. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Hold on...we have not received these yet....so back to the First Page BUMP

16. AZTimT

AZTimT KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Got my confirmation from Amy today for my 3 standard CG's!
    Blue, Black & Silver should look pretty sweet!
    These are going to be awesome!

17. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I absolutely love this!!!:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

18. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Well, thanks to the generousity of a couple of OUTSTANDING Brother Hogs I changed my order to a satin finished HOG B8.:D:thumbsup: Many thanks to those great Brethren!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stump Buster and MosesMcgregor like this.
  19. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    Me too — gets me every time.:cool:

20. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    I got a satin long clip with penetrator tip, but Im thinking the penetrator may be overkill, and take away from the smooth clip line, Im sure its easy to change that detail in the order, what do you guys think?