Attention The CPK - Buy, Sell & Trade thread - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair comments.

In the light of that sentiment, I will try to keep this brief.

I have something like 10, maybe 20 CPK I am looking to sell a portion of. Mostly collectors type stuff as I have at least one of every production model, in every steel Nathan has made.

I don't want to sell them all, but several can go depending on who wants what. I want to re-balance my collection with other potential CPK enthusiasts and let other people experience some of Nathan's work beyond just the user grade stuff.

So if you are SERIOUS and looking for something with a wood handle, or an older model, (there are even a user grade UF and Shiv in the mix), let me know privately. I will tell you right now prices won't be low, these examples in general cost more than normal production examples, and WILL NOT sell below my cost but I will need to discuss each knife individually be able to work something out.

PLEASE DON'T message me and ask for a list, if I wanted a list published of everything I have, there would already be one.

I DO NOT have production quality examples of current production models for sale at this time, so no micarta/G10 EDC or LC, and the one G10 FK I have is part of a reference set of mint A2, 3V and D3V FKs in black G10 that will only be sold as a set.

If you are looking for something in particular or know in general what it is you are after email me and lets see what we can do.

Email me for faster response. jkfournier and that's gmail.

Happy new year to all of you!

For sale,no trades
Field knife,black micarta.black sheath
Knife is new,unused
$old priority shipped in CONUS included,no international shipping
paypal please

Last edited:
Sold

For sale, black micarta handled Field Knife.
It has done some test cuts on paper, but is essentially unused and has the original edge.
Includes the original black kydex sheath.
The only fault I can find is a minor scuff on the side of the blade.

$350 via PayPal, I'll ship priority and eat the fees.

IMG_3451.jpg
IMG_3452.jpgIMG_3453.jpg

Sold

Last edited:
... the scuff on the side of the blade must look like the Virgin Mary.

Yeah. I said it.

Ok, where is the market on these? I will entertain offers.

Also interested in a LC, if some one would like to work out a trade.

I'll never understand people that feel the need to be negative about someone's listing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some folks get all up in arms when an owner asks for a price well in excess of "MSRP" for a current production line pattern. Personally speaking, I believe in letting the market find/adjust the "second hand" price. Nathan had mentioned a while ago in the past that he will not tolerate CPK "flippers" whose behavior will show no other intention other than profiteering on his products, but he never said anything about a pricing monopoly on the second hand CPKs. I don't speak for CPK and I don't even dare to convey anything on their behalf, but purely speaking on my own behalf; best of fortunes for whatever it is that you wish to ask/seek. Once one is the owner of an item, the asking price is up to him but the final "get" price is totally up to the one who wants/seeks it.

Derisiveness is a gauche trait and I know that some of you are far more graceful than making knee-jerk judgements. That said, I think Justin should sell me all his unwanted retired CPK roster for 1/2 price because he knows in his heart as to how Kool I really am :D

I'll chime back in since I've opened my big mouth....

My opinion (we all know what that's worth) is that a guy should be able to make a buck on a knife sale. It's a free market. Nobody should have to give anything away or feel guilty for making a few bucks.

I also know just from observation here a little while that: 1) knives get snapped up immediately and there is enough demand that guys will pay a premium; and 2) the guys around this sub-forum are pretty generous with each other. I have benefited from this, for sure! I've been on the receiving end of some very fair deals and am thankful (and have expressed that publicly).

My point in making the above post is in the spirit of maintaining the open camaraderie that is evident in this sub forum. I guess I understand a buy/sell/trade thread in a sub forum is under a little different protocol than the general exchange. Over there, you keep your mouth shut. Here, it seems like we should be able to give an take the feedback.

Along those lines, someone else can come along and tell me to sit down and shut my yap. The above post was in no way meant to be personal - I don't know Southstarjeff and have never encountered him in any fashion on these forums.

I am also aware that some feel this thread is already munged up with non-essential posts. I'll try and respect that in the future.

I don't have a lot of time to "moderate" this thread, but I'd like to make three observations

1: We need to be civil. This is a fun hobby and interest for many folks and is supposed to be fun. A bad vibe spoils that. Pissing on someone's sales post is against BF rules. In the context of a sale thread, which this is, you should keep chitchat to a minimum and keep negative commits to yourself.

2: There are a lot of "want to buy" posts but not many "for sale or trade" posts. I don't really have a problem with this, but the intent of this thread was for people looking to sell or trade CPK stuff.

3: I don't care what someone sells their property for. It's none of my business. When our sales were selling out very quickly there was the potential opportunity for some quick keyboard ninjas to sweep in and buy all the work to flip it at a profit to the folks who wanted it. I wanted to discourage that kind of poor behavior with the policy where that kind of flipper was going to be barred from future sales. The purpose of this was to protect the regular Joe's coming here looking for gear to take hiking from being taken advantage of. Our brand is about fair value, and that sort of flipping doesn't sit well with me. But this has been a fine group of people so it has never been an issue. Thank you for that.

I've apologized to Southstarjeff privately, and I'll apologize here to this group. It wasn't my intention to ruin a sale for anyone or get this thread closed. My opinion wasn't solicited and I was wrong to post. My bad.

I have a right handed sheath for a Field Knife ready to go to a new home. SOLD

61c115faf30f5a84048ef598ff65bd07.jpg

It's made from 8-9oz veg tanned leather from RJF Leather, hand sewn/saddle stitched, coated inside and out with several applications of Montana Pitch Blend, and a detachable dangler loop.

The basket weave portion was initially dyed a dark red which was pretty much washed out by the black but the red still peeks through in a couple places.

32741b88f32ab15fda77a522426a9951.jpg

8b3935d143f24cc9ac5109d034a47560.jpg

5c18d11593930b2048f2a637ec1a94e8.jpg

It's $90 shipped in the US, PayPal fees included. It carries well with or without the dangler IMO, if you'd like it without the dangler it will be $75. SOLD Thanks trevitrace!

If you're not happy with it for whatever reason let me know and I will do my best to make it right.

Thanks for looking!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a right handed sheath for a Field Knife ready to go to a new home.

It's made from 8-9oz veg tanned leather from RJF Leather, hand sewn/saddle stitched, coated inside and out with several applications of Montana Pitch Blend, and a detachable dangler loop.

The basket weave portion was initially dyed a dark red which was pretty much washed out by the black but the red still peeks through in a couple places.

It's $90 shipped in the US, PayPal fees included. It carries well with or without the dangler IMO, if you'd like it without the dangler it will be $75.

If you're not happy with it for whatever reason let me know and I will do my best to make it right.

Thanks for looking!

Email sent.

grogimus - Do you make any that are left-handed?

I have a right handed sheath for a Field Knife ready to go to a new home.

It's $90 shipped in the US, PayPal fees included. It carries well with or without the dangler IMO, if you'd like it without the dangler it will be $75.

Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back