The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread™

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by RRaconteur, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Bob,
    Why does Adam get all the nice things?

Bmurray likes this.
  2. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Hey Big Deal,
    Text sent on a couple others you have posted.

Bmurray likes this.
  3. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Ok let me get my phone

4. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
  5. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Time for my semi-regular soap box rant.

I'm not trying to single anyone out, just making a general comment and sharing my personal opinion.

While there's no rule for sellers prohibiting them from asking people to use Paypal Gift ( I REALLY wish there were), buyers should be aware of rule #8 in the Buyer's Section:

Rather than asking the buyer to figure out a price (gift or +4% type of thing), just include everything in the asking price. Did you know that asking a buyer to explicitly cover the paypal fee is against the terms of service? I feel that abusing a service (PayPal) to make an extra buck goes against the integrity normally seen in Fiddleback land.

Please see How To Put an End to the F&F and +% in the exchange. for some others' input on the subject.

When buying knives, I'll typically pass on ones that ask for gift. Unless I really want it, then I'll figure out the fee and buy it as goods anyway. I'm not going to give up my rights, even though I trust you guys.

CAN WE PLEASE CUT OUT THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY (GIFT) AND +% CRAP?

I'll step off the soap box now.

6. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    That hiking buddy is something else. I'm glad Phillip swooped on that or I would have been out of some money. Great score.

Nbrackett and Luca917 like this.
  7. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Me too. I'd of come out of the Wilderness for that one.

8. Silas

Silas Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I cried when I saw that I had missed that hiking buddy.

It would be nice to see more with bone or stag.

9. Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    Abe,

I was thinking the Nessmuk was going to be the "one" in your flea market post, then I saw the Bearcub. WOW

10. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks Nathan. The Ironwood on the bear cub is mesmerizing.....will be sad to see that one go.

11. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Todd's Bushraptor is a literal steal. Great model that, to the best of my knowledge, we have not seen in the Friday lineup for a long time now.

Bmurray and Nbrackett like this.
  12. schmittie

schmittie Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I have been drooling over @KP 's convex terrasuar for so long. That thing is nice!

Tekton likes this.
  13. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Steal on a ladyfinger

xxwjtxx likes this.
  14. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Rick's Nessmuk is the first of this pattern FYI. It was also made the first week Ken/Bamboo was employed by Andy. See here: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-friday-10-4-13.1114502/

Placement of maker's mark qualifies this one as "old school."

Good deal.

15. Redbird777

Redbird777 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Hey Guys,
    Been a while since I have posted but that is what baby's will do to you hahaha. Still watching the forum some but trying to keep the BladeFeaver down. I am trying to post up some for sale but am having trouble with uploading the pictures like I did. Is anyone still using Photobucket or have you guys moved on to another site?
    Thanks for the help guys.

Red

16. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Photobucket has gone to $h!t unless you have a $400 a year account. Either resizing the photos so you can use the forum upload or using another host like Flickr is the best bet.

17. Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    Jaz322, that Ladyfinger is a beauty. I'm glad you got it before I saw it. :thumbsup:

Luca917 and Scotcha like this.
  18. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i contemplated too long on the OSL

nice snag Jason

Scotcha likes this.
  19. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I actually thought you being on vacation played a part in landing that one.... :) had to pull the trigger just to see if it looks that cool in person. hope the vaca is treating you well.

Scotcha likes this.
  20. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    we were supposed to be at the dog track tonight but kylie is not feeling to well.