1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread™

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by RRaconteur, Sep 26, 2014.

1. nomotorjrr

nomotorjrr Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Hello all! What is the protocol if I would like an unclaimed knife from previous fiddleback fridays(recent not ancient history)?
    Thanks!

Bmurray and Mala in se like this.
  2. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Contact Phillip @VANCE although the knife may have been claimed via PM or sent to a Dealer. Never hurts to ask.

Choppaman, Bmurray and varga49 like this.
  3. nomotorjrr

nomotorjrr Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Great... Thank you!

4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Choppaman, Bmurray and nomotorjrr like this.
  5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    nomotorjrr likes this.
  6. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Surprised you are selling that Bushfinger @Odaon also surprised to see it is still available

Odaon likes this.
  7. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Wish I could spring for that Surls Arapaima, Bob. It would be a perfect match for my wrapped Minimuk. Beautiful knife; GLWS!

Bmurray likes this.
  8. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I know! It's an awesome knife, and was very hard to decide to sell, but I have a policy about my knives. If they aren't getting used regularly I let them go. The OS Lady beats out the Bushfinger pretty much every time, so my loss is someone else's gain!

I just prefer the thinner steel, feel, and shape of the Lady more.

Plus I have to fund the next ones. ;)

Bmurray and schmittie like this.
  9. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    That big sneaky handle combo is spot on! Wish it was a different model.

10. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Jerry if you land that handyman let me be the first to congratulate on reacquiring the one that started all this for you. Wishing you luck!

11. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Your first Fiddleback Jerry??? Get it! The first one I bought I still have: a Nessmuk in African Blackwood with fiddletextured 01. I'm gonna have in inlaid into my tombstone

Nbrackett likes this.
  12. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Thanks! I sold it at a point when I needed some funds and always regretted selling my first Fiddleback. It isn't 3/32" thin and it isn't TT but it was/is a great knife and I'll have a certain level of comfort getting it back again.

The other cool thing I like about @Fiddleback 's Spalting is it works very much like finger prints if there does somehow happen to be a few similar ones floating around. Below is an old pic that I took and it matches the pic in Bob's post. There was another very similar Handyman floating around but the Spalting didn't match.

Yay, my 1st ...
    Handyman Dyed Green Curly 1200.jpg

Nbrackett likes this.
  13. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I thought I owned that knife

14. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    In PM, Bill said he bought it from you Bob. I bought it from someone on 3/12/16 and then sold it to Spydesense/Greg in July '16.

The only other one that I remember bouncing so much was a nice Blue Curly Runt that ironically came from Sypdesense and went to 3-1-1 and then to me. Before Spydesense, I think the runt was up about 2 or 3 times before then. Its an amazingly purty knife and I get the feeling that its one of those "too nice to use" knives so people buy it, safe-queen it and then sell it again. :)

Blue Runt.jpg

Choppaman likes this.
  15. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Yes it was. I remember that the mango had a very distinctive feel to it.

16. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Absolutely! I just ID'd your ruby Handyman that way when hunting up All Things Handyman a couple weeks ago-- its Dealer image lives on. :)

I could fix that. o_O

~ P.

17. SA Condor

SA Condor Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Oh man! There's an Osage PK in the flea market. If it were regular convex ground it would need to be mine! Don't really care for Scandi on a knife that size. The perfect sized scandi for me is the EDK, HB, Scandiman size.

18. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    I was thinking the same, but wondering if Andy would re-grind it?

19. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    negative ghost rider

20. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    The pattern is full.