1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread™

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by RRaconteur, Sep 26, 2014.

1. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    You're killin me with that OS Karda! I've over spent on knives in the last month or it would be mine. If it sits too long I may have to buy it anyway but I'm sure someone will snatch that right up. Good luck with the sale.

2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Yea and a nice one

3. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    @Bmurray, oh my, that is one nice Bearcub

Bmurray and Warrior108 like this.
  4. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    @Bmurray, oh my, that is one nice Bearcub

I must agree!!!!!!!

Bmurray likes this.
  5. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    The nicest one I've seen and its tapered tang. I just got it from Sarah, but it will not get used since I already have a user bearcub. Good deal on an ironwood TT FB

6. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Congratulations! :D

~ P.

Bmurray likes this.
  7. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Thanks!!! I've been wanting a Bearcub for a while, and this one was just too nice to pass up :)

8. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    yes, I just wasn't using it and needed to pay for a few customs from Allen and Russell Reece that I just purchased.

I can't believe no one has jumped on my super sweet Lonestar and thin Patch I have listed for a song. The 3/32" Patch just disappears in your hand and would be ideal for this time of your for hunting/skinning game.

9. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Yup, I know the feeling: something's gotta give. I have a few more on the bubble myself, for similar reasons.

This Bear Cub deserves a Forever Home, hopefully with some hard use-- one of the best tips/grinds I've seen yet, supporting which the contoured handle lends a superb, confident grip. :thumbsup:

~ P.

Bmurray likes this.
  10. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I have a blackwood bearcub that Andy made me a while back in 3/32" that I already use. However this ironwood one had the handle come up further on the blade than mine which I really liked, and the wood grain was the second nicest I've seen in ironwood.

11. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    BTW, I would consider a trade on my Patch or Lonestar for a Surls Bobcat in wood. Maybe both for a larger Surls.

12. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    outstanding group this week. I predict a sellout, and Kyles knife is badass. I got to hold the blank when I was out there last week.

Choppaman and Dritios like this.
  13. Nbrackett

Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    @Kirkwood Everyone knows I love a nice Bushboot but there's also a lot to like about that Surl's Patch, Ironwood + 3/32" + cpm154 = :)

Kirkwood, Choppaman and Luca917 like this.
  14. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    There's an Osage Bushboot for sale.

Kirkwood and Choppaman like this.
  15. Tekton

Tekton Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I know, it's killing me

Kirkwood and Choppaman like this.
  16. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Over blue liners no less!!

17. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    a different time, i would have snagged that Runt from Kirkwood

but 2 from last week and another this week

im out:(

Choppaman likes this.
  18. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    That Runt is the bomb. For real, can't believe I'm offering it so low. But it has three siblings here that get all the attention. Just wanted to give the little fella a shot at a good home.

VANCE likes this.
  19. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Can't believe that bocote bushcrafter hasn't sold. That's one of the best all around wood for knife handles

Choppaman likes this.
  20. SA Condor

SA Condor Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2014
    It’s got beautiful grain, great spalting, and it’s ⅛” stock, perfection! I’d love to have that one rather then my Ruby red shadetree Bushcrafter!

Bmurray likes this.