The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

Lol thanks. Now i'm munging the mung thread.

I will say there are some really nice knives in the market for those looking for a deal. The camp knife is way under market with Rick's sheath. The amboyna BF is growing on me as well.

+1, y'all.

And-- if I'm understanding the purpose of this thread correctly-- let's keep the conversation focused on the discussion Flea Market offerings, and not a catch-all?

My apologies if I'm missing the mark, here.

~ P.

I got overly "talkey" on the Flea Market thread, and was politely asked to take general conversation to the Mung thread...as per the following...
I dig the conversation, but would y'all mind having it in the flea market mung absolution thread? Thx.
...and so, I did.... but then on the Mung thread...
And-- if I'm understanding the purpose of this thread correctly-- let's keep the conversation focused on the discussion Flea Market offerings, and not a catch-all?
I remain...confused...but amused.
Don

Last edited:
Are there any tapered tang Ladyfingers available among the Fiddleback Family?

The Ladyfinger in last Friday's sale was probably the first tapered tang one that I can recall seeing.

Old School or Guarded? (in case people do have some for you)

- Jerry

So freakin' cool:

2v2uLPwtyxAKujh.jpg

Well, maybe carried one time ...
2v29V5BjvxAKujh.jpg

So Jerry, would you be keeping it if it were 3/32"?

o_O

~ P.

Darn you Bmurray Bmurray ! All this talk of 3/32” Handyman is making me want to try the model.

The HB has been one of my favorites since the very beginning for me, but I love that the Handyman is guardless and you all keep talking about the handle being better. I “need” to get my hands on one!

I have a couple of (old school?) Fiddlebacks up for grabs and one Surls.

First up is a lightly used (kitchen only) Sneaky Pete in 1/8” O1 TT, Osage over natural liners and blue pinstripes. Has the start of a patina. Stropped but never sharpened. Comes with the Diomedes sheath shown. Asking $275 shipped.
Link to the original sales thread:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/friday-the-13th-fiddleback-friday.1107986/

Second is a new Nessmuk in 1/8” O1 SFT, Osage over natural and orange pinstripes. This is from the first batch of Nessmuks with the updated profile. Has a few patina spots on the blade and spine from age. I haven’t tried to polish them off. Comes with the Diomedes sheath shown. Asking $275 shipped.

Wow, nice curves on the Sneaky :thumbsup:

Back