The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After this page we’re only three pages from 11,000.:eek::eek::eek:

Not to mention 11,188 and 11,888 for the Dead Man’s Quinella. ;):cool::thumbsup:

Yeah, I know—mixing my poker and horse racing...but that can be fun, too. I remember one weekend across the border in Nuevo Laredo...come to think of it, I don’t actually remember it—but pretty sure it was fun! :D:thumbsup::cool:

You mean in Reynosa....Oh I can imagine why you can't remember:eek:

So Aces and Eights aye...I think we can get to that Dead Man's Quinella:cool::cool::cool::thumbsup:

I DID live across the river from Reynosa at the time, in McAllen—very perceptive of you, amigo. But the only horse track along the border near there then was Nuevo Laredo. A short distance from the hotel where the all-night poker game was in progress. :thumbsup::D

Last edited:
I’d say you’re right.:thumbsup:

Although I’m not all that big on pokin’ cows, I’ve been known to shoot the bull from time to time. :cool:

Last edited:
Even if there's no 10" Jackhammer I'm happy with that War Feather I didn't even know I needed hehe! :D

I DID live across the river from Reynosa at the time, in McAllen—very perceptive of you, amigo. But the only horse track along the border near there then was Nuevo Laredo. A short distance from the hotel where the all-night poker game was in progress. :thumbsup::D
Livin' down south you get a chance to roll along the border from time to time...I love the ride between Presidio and Terlingua along the river with the big canyons...It's like the PCH along the Mexican border...I like to go camping and hiking down at Big Bend in the Cooler months!!! The Track here is running now down at Sunland Park but I really liked the Dog Track in Juarez when it was SAFE:eek::eek:

Love hiking the Chisos and that view from the South Rim and from Emory Peak. Spent a few lost weekends in Terlingua, knocking back a shot or two too many at the old Starlight Theater.

(Sunland Park still has a license?:eek:)

Last edited:
The desert has a certain tranquility and the view from the top of the Chisos is indeed awesome. I'm amazed how many
Bears roam the area. Yeah the Ol' Chili Cook-Off is still going not a Big as in the past but it's fun. The Starlight is still standing it's cleaned up and has Great Food Now and Live Entertainment...On the other hand the La Kiva is in Bad shape started going down after the owner was murdered!

...La Kiva is in Bad shape started going down after the owner was murdered!

Last time I ate there we were almost crowded out by the cats that were allowed to roam around on the tables. Wonder if they finally ganged up on him.

I got a satin long clip with penetrator tip, but Im thinking the penetrator may be overkill, and take away from the smooth clip line, Im sure its easy to change that detail in the order, what do you guys think?

I passed on the penetrator tip on the satin long clip. I thought about changing it too (although going the other way), but decided against it. There's probably still plenty of time to reconsider, though.

I passed on the penetrator tip on the satin long clip. I thought about changing it too (although going the other way), but decided against it. There's probably still plenty of time to reconsider, though.

I think I'll stay without, that long straight clip needs to flow uninterrupted :thumbsup:

Back