The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Bema! I forgot about the dumpster mutt... and that was the small handled Res-C. Hopefully, Jerry can squeeze .308" into the large handles with no ill effect.

Greight to see a light at the end of the tunnel, Sure freaked out yesterday when this got locked up though

Hmmmmmm. . . . . Interesting concept. . but the handles limit how thick I can go . . .

As for the rest of it. . . . .

Stay tuned!

Let's Drink!

Jerry
Hey Jerry, thanks for getting back to us!
What about the Test Team Regulator @ .333" with that awesome res-c handle? :eek::D:thumbsup: Just sayin'... ;)

Tim brings up a good point. In fact, if you look at the original Regulator specs, they read very much like what we’ve been asking for—just in SR101 rather than INFI. Would you guys be happy with an INFI Regulator?

I had in mind something closer to a Basic blade profile, but with a swedged clip similar to the one on that special run of SHE2’s from O2W, and with a Basic-style handle, but that’s me. (See pics of clip-point SHE2 in next post)

Anyway, the question is:

1) INFI Regulator or

2) Something more akin to a Basic blade profile and handle, but with a modest swedged clip point and massive thickness?

What say you?

Last edited:
Found these pics of the profile I had in mind, originally posted by freehouse32:lJo1EoA.jpg eaM3PM9.jpg

Last edited:
Added a poll.
Please vote!
:thumbsup: :cool:

No way to know if Jerry will consider it, but might as well get a show of hands, right?

Last edited:
I think either one would work really well with the key feature being res-c with a 7.5-8.5" INFI blade. Both handles are great and an INFI blade on the reg handle for the first time would be pretty cool. The hollow ground Regulator's well balanced profile in INFI would be awesome and so would the Basic handle on a wider FFG thick blade without a choil. Add thumb jimping to either and you have a winner indeed.

In true Busse style, both would be the best solution to this problem! :D

Bottom blade with top handle would be sweet:
2eq9kiv.jpg

INFI version of the one on the left could work too... or an INFI 811 an inch longer than the bottom blade...
10db6e1.jpg

155icds.jpg

Could be tomorrow?
The date will be 8-8-17
And if ya add the 1 and 7,
Well.....ya get 8!
I'm all for an INFI Regulator but I voted for the Basic HOGB8

Regulator handles weren't ever quite right for me. I always thought, aesthetically, they should have had a more vertical index finger stop behind guard and they didn't feel as good in my hands as the Lg Res-C handles do. I like the concept, but the execution fell short imo.

Soo, my vote is for the HOGB8.;)

I'm thinking Jerry has already done the prototyping and decided on the final specs, so we'll get what he gives us, but polls are always fun.:D:D:D

Fingers crossed ZA's math is correct!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

PS: I'm thinking I now know that SHE2 intimately somehow.:D:D:D

The same thought has crossed my mind about slapping a Res-C handle on that exact blade Will! Without a choil of course and maaaaaaaaaaaybe a slightly higher saber grind.:cool: But I wouldn't kick her outta the straw pile if the blade profile was to the same.;)

What's that saying about Mate Grinds think alike?

Back