The Howling Rats....

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
have shipped!!!

Approx. 98% have shipped and the few we have left will ship on Monday.

The majority of them shipped Friday and Saturday(today) via USPS Priority Mail, so be looking for the RWBTOJ(red, white and blue truck of Joy :D)

Depending on your location from Ohio, some of you will probably be receiving them on Monday and Tuesday. :D:D

I can't wait for you guys to get these, the HR is really a great knife. :D

Oh Bravado, I forgot to mention your order falls in the 2% that hasn't shipped....

(sorry I couldn't resist ;):D:D, I'm just joking)

:p

Great news Eric!

Out of curiosity, why usps vs ups this time?

Ed,

For me atleast USPS is alot faster, UPS has been falling way behind.

OH NO! My mailman is a knife and gun nut too! I hope he doesn't decide to "borrow" my HR.:D

If mine hasn't shipped yet, just stamp "ADULT NOVELTY ITEMS" on the box, and I should get it with no problems!:p

Copyed from SRKW post---
Although I have been reading this and several other forums for a couple of years now this my first post anywhere. The reason I have decided to do this is; with much entertainment, I have been reading about the "Differences of Opinions" that have been going on between the Busseites and the Randellites. It appears that the two of them have setteled there differances for the most part. Thats almost a shame as it was most entertaining. Anyway back to the reason for the post. If you will go to Jeff's "Outdoor Forums", the "Fehrman 7 1/2" Blade" post, you will find that Jeff has posted that he is purchasing an "Howling Rat" to take on his next trip to Peru. Now I don't know Jeff from Adam but I tend to believe he trys to be objective (I base this on 2 years of reading his posts and evaluations). If the HR is as good of a slicer that it is advertised to be, and Jeff appears to like slicers, his evaluation should be interesting. I myself also hope it is as I expect delivery of one either tommorrow or the next day.

Greyhair,
Welcome to the Swamp and I'm glad you decided to make your first post with us.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions on the HR.

I hope you stick around and join in our discussions. :D:D

It is here! It is here!
Woohoo!

Great knife. I REALLY like this one. I expected it to be a bit larger and was very please to handle this compact knife. Great work SRKW!

Got mine!!! :D :D

Slices like my Marbles!

Nice warranty... ;)

edited to add:
Wish I had ordered two!!!

I like it a lot. Cuts very nice and has a great edge. Also seems very strong. The grip is good too. I'm having some trouble getting it into the sheath, but it doesn't rattle around at all, so I'll be happy with it.

This reminds me of my BAIII, with a smaller grip. I wish I had ordered a couple more to use as kitchen knives. Razor sharp, although I may thin it out a bit more. I'm almost ready to stip the coating just to see if the same temper line shows on these little beauties. It's definatly one to add to the "BOB":D

Originally posted by Raden
This reminds me of my BAIII, with a smaller grip. I wish I had ordered a couple more to use as kitchen knives. Razor sharp, although I may thin it out a bit more. I'm almost ready to stip the coating just to see if the same temper line shows on these little beauties. It's definatly one to add to the "BOB":D

I thought these were through hardened. I'm still an ignorant novice, but would it have the Hamon line in that case?

For you guys that say "wish I'd ordered a couple more" you aren't alone.

I also wouldn't mind having a couple more of them. My intention is to order a couple of each of the Rat's to keep in the car, tool box, house, 1 or 2 on me. So I'll never be far from a trusty Rat. :D:D

I mean for these prices, you just as well by a couple right ? :D:D

Still waiting.:( Maybe tomorrow.

What's up USPS? Indiana is pretty darn close to Ohio!:confused:

Mine was waiting for me yesterday evening.

Very Nice, and SHARP!!!!!:eek:

Now I have to decide if I give it to my friend for his 42nd b-day, or keep it for myself. Decisions, decisions :confused:

Back