• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Books Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
20160807_113509_zpsvw9mkkfm.jpg

20160807_114239_zpse3cpadjc.jpg

I got my Dua's back last week, nice job on the sharpening but customer service sucks!

Do you have a specific complaint sir? I'm sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with my customer service. I offered you a full refund when you expressed your displeasure with the length of time your job was taking.

For those reading, I received his knives Thursday evening and on Saturday he was upset that they were not yet finished. Two Grayman Duas reprofiled down to about 15dps, mirror edges and a sharpening notch modification that required blade removal.

On the phone I told him I could probably get them done in one day, but guaranteed no more than 72 hours turnaround time. His knives shipped back the following Monday morning. They'd have shipped Sunday, but it was Sunday.

Full discussion with screen shots of our text conversation can be seen here.

Last edited:
It's really sad you turned the hole story around! But, you did do a good job on the reprofile. The one you removed the blade had a really nice lockup, now it sticks so bad I have to pry on it to unlock. Send it back? I Don't think so, plus I never asked for a mirror edge on either one! I would never ask anybody for a refund, just never use them again. Oh, about the text's we had is not even close to what we talked about on the phone!! Guess you don't have a recording on that conversation??
No reason for me to keep going on this, it's a done deal for me.
Wish you the best.

Last edited:
It's really sad you turned the hole story around! But, you did do a good job on the reprofile. The one you removed the blade had a really nice lockup, now it sticks so bad I have to pry on it to unlock. Send it back? I Don't think so, plus I never asked for a mirror edge on either one! Guess it was worth the thirty bucks for the work you did. I would never ask anybody for a refund, just never use them again.
No reason for me to keep going on this, it's a done deal for me.
Wish you the best.

Hmm, that is a shame about the lock stick, but I didn't do any work to the lock face or to the lock bar so I'm not sure what would have caused that. I tested both blades after reassembly to check for any issues in the pivot and didn't note any issues.

I've sent an email to Grayman to see if they can retune your lock bar and what any associated costs will be. I'll update as soon as I hear back.

Per Sue at Grayman knives:

Screenshot_20160809-060800_zps9dpk01yo.png

Should you decide to send it in, let me know and I'll gladly cover shipping as well as whatever they may charge you. It sounds as though any necessary lock repair would likely be free however.

I sent 2 of my knives to T.L.E. for work. Bryce sent text and PM's during the entire process. I couldn't be happier with the professional service I received! Excellent communication and very fast turn around time. These edges are scary sharp.

IMAG0915.jpg

Two new ones from the bench:

Chuck Gedraitis

20160816_142051_zpssod5s8go.jpg

Not sure if that's blood... came to me that way and I forgot to clean before photo.

Reate Hills - I really like these knives.

20160816_140339_zps1ryuen4u.jpg

I was one of the contest winners, with my TSF Beast pictured on page 1 in this thread. I also sent my duller than dull Spyderco Gayle Bradley in. Both came back absolutely perfect, mirror edged. They were also done in a timely fashion. Bryce was very professional.

Anyway, I have two more that I'd like that mirror edge on, one is in pretty bad condition due to my failed attempts at sharpening. Email inbound.

IMG_20161003_212928_zpsq1128nra.jpg

A little Strider Awesomeness!!

Finally back into full swing at the sharpening bench. Mommy and baby are both finally doing well. I appreciate everyone's patience. Expect knives to start shipping back this week.

Finally back into full swing at the sharpening bench. Mommy and baby are both finally doing well. I appreciate everyone's patience. Expect knives to start shipping back this week.

It's good to hear that, great news. :)

Very interested in services. Sent email cannot pm. Please reply if you don't get email.
KC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Native's edge looks even better in person, I couldn't be happier. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back