The NMFBM --- Fitted With A Mirror Polished Edge

Gents and Ladies,

It's been a while --- but I acquired a particularly "big" NMFBM. It's a heavy one at 34 oz. I felt instantly compelled to give it a mean clean edge spa treatment. I re profiled the edge to 19 degrees each side (38 degrees inclusive) consistent from heel to tip. The edge thickness at the apex comes out to .5 microns. I did my usual hair split test along the entire edge and if passed with flying colors. Looks like another special blade is ready to terrorize the camp site or the backyard. Either way it's beautiful and relaxing for me to finish this one! Cheers!

Wow, nice job there and that's a large blade to put such a polished edge on !!! That had to take some time and then some, looks great. I think you deserve a cold one after that :)

Nice job Rob-are you requesting $100 dollars for it? I will take it-send me your PP Info-Thanks

Hey Rob_Mob would you be willing to tell me how you get it so nice. What are you using to get it so smooth and well done. That is beyond professional in my opinion. I am working on a knife for my Dad for Christmas, I would love to be able to put a finish like this on it.

Hey Rob_Mob would you be willing to tell me how you get it so nice. What are you using to get it so smooth and well done. That is beyond professional in my opinion. I am working on a knife for my Dad for Christmas, I would love to be able to put a finish like this on it.

I can't speak for Rob, but with the telltale wider portion near the belly/tip I've gotten similar v-edges with an Edge Pro with all the goodies. Just follow the instructions working your way from coarse to polished. It is easy, but tedious and the end results are very pretty. ;)

Back