The Schrade Walden 153 Uncle Henry...Golden Spike & Schrade 153UH variations..

I've got one of the Golden Spikes from the 80's and I have the box and papers too...somewhere...

Hear is another 153UH Walden with the low serial number of 00023 that I acquired recently for my collection with the original box and papers that came with the knife.
P1010003.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010006.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010008.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010009.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010012.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010014.jpg
[/IMG]

Hear is another 153UH Walden with the low serial number of 00023 that I acquired recently for my collection with the original box and papers that came with the knife.
SWEET! A very nice find indeed. :thumbup:

That is a beauty. Be interesting to hear from someone on the paperwork. Could this be a Salesmans sample being such a low number and in such good condition? The etch is really dark and doesn't look like it has been "cleaned up" much if at all. I really like the stag pattern delrin handle on the early SW153s. Too bad there is no Golden Spike sticker on the Bear Skinner box.

So are we up to 14 or 15 yet? I just went back thru and seems like the list hasn't been updated since #11 and several more have popped up since then.

Looks like you have the lowest number so far bawana. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi Fatcity 67,
The original owner was a Salesman for Schrade back in the 70t's and 80t's as I also have a SC507 knife with scrolled bolsters and the blade etch reads National Sales Meting 1984.
I haven't cleaned the knife it still has the dry oil on the blade,the box and papers are identical to the other SW153 I have.

Great Knife, produced in 1971 and released in 1972 in 59UH Display and FC-12 Display

Re-birthed for Tom Berger's enquiry re his 153UH Golden Spike.....there are many variations to the 153UH in the opening photos PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD.. for comparison to yours.....we have since found out that there were indeed more 153UH Schrade Walden issued at/prior to transition date 1972/73....Golden Spikes are nice practical knives and little wonder so many were sold by Schrade over the years....Tom ,your knife is a superb memory..I still have a few of my late fathers knives which I treasure over all others....

Back