Thin Light Knives

Hi I have been throwing for awhile now , and just as I was starting out I bought myself some cheap 8'' blackened steel throwing knives . They were very basic , and ok for learning . Along side throwing these I have been throwing my Mora Knife , and i have notice how significantly easier it is for me to throw the Mora Knife accurately . The set of throwing knifes have now become so chipped and busted that i am looking into another set . But this time i am sure that i want a thin light knive , hopefully something that will throw as well as the Mora Knife . So i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a light thin throwing knife , preferable sold in a set of at least 3 ?

Many thanks

Effi :)

Hi I have been throwing for awhile now , and just as I was starting out I bought myself some cheap 8'' blackened steel throwing knives . They were very basic , and ok for learning . Along side throwing these I have been throwing my Mora Knife , and i have notice how significantly easier it is for me to throw the Mora Knife accurately . The set of throwing knifes have now become so chipped and busted that i am looking into another set . But this time i am sure that i want a thin light knive , hopefully something that will throw as well as the Mora Knife . So i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a light thin throwing knife , preferable sold in a set of at least 3 ?

Many thanks

Thin and light is exactly the opposite of what you want in a good throwing knife.

For an amateur , perhaps , but some people enjoy the art and the quickness of not having 10'' ''block ''blades ...

Do not worry about the recommendations , I have found what I was looking for .

Best Wishes

Effi

For an amateur , perhaps , but some people enjoy the art and the quickness of not having 10'' ''block ''blades ...

Do not worry about the recommendations , I have found what I was looking for .

Best Wishes

Effi

Not amateurs, for pros and people who know how to throw knives. Light thin knives are essentially worthless except for very short distances. They also tend to not hold up to the rigors of throwing.

Light thin knives are essentially worthless except for very short distances. They also tend to not hold up to the rigors of throwing.

Hmm that's strange , as for me the small light knifes are throwing perfectly well at long distances , perhaps you have a different technique . Also why would they not hold up to the ''rigors of throwing '' , mine have been thwacking into a target for nearly a year now ..... unless you are missing and the knife is spinning of and hitting something else ;)

But as I said , never mind :)

Many thanks

Hmm that's strange , as for me the small light knifes are throwing perfectly well at long distances , perhaps you have a different technique . Also why would they not hold up to the ''rigors of throwing '' , mine have been thwacking into a target for nearly a year now ..... unless you are missing and the knife is spinning of and hitting something else ;)

But as I said , never mind :)

Less than a year of throwing, having never thrown a real throwing knife. . . I bow to your vast expertise.

Back