This is some older Chris Reeve Mini Sabenza, right?

Hi guys, anyone knows if this is legit Sabenza and how old it is?
Blade is about 2.8"
Is missing a clip, do you know if new clip will fit?
Thank you
s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Be aware that prior to around 1997 the handles were NOT stamped on the inner face with the date codes. Also the ATS 34 then BG42 blades did NOT have letters stamped into the blade to aid identification.
This link will give a lot of useful info.

Cool old knife!😍

nick

Thanks guys, nothing stamped anywhere except logo.
Cool old knife!😍
Yea, thx.
Today Sunday morning I was still in bed around 10am when phone is ringing.
It was my wife, she is saying she is at estate sale and they have some knifes maybe I want something.
She is sending me picture and writes this big one looks nice, I try too look at it with still sleepy eyes and first I'm not sure what am I seeing.
Small little gem next to big one, so I say take the small one!!!
It had a price tag $15 on it and my wife is saying they have 30% off on everything since it is last day.
She paid $10 for it!!
Unbelievable, usually I'm not that lucky except one day about 26 years ago when I married her :)

Great find. Someone is rolling in their grave, over their precious knife going for 10 bucks :)
The scale stamps are on the rear inside of the scales and can be with a little light. The blade stamp will need the knife to be disassembled

Yea, thx.
Today Sunday morning I was still in bed around 10am when phone is ringing.
It was my wife, she is saying she is at estate sale and they have some knifes maybe I want something.
She is sending me picture and writes this big one looks nice, I try too look at it with still sleepy eyes and first I'm not sure what am I seeing.
Small little gem next to big one, so I say take the small one!!!
It had a price tag $15 on it and my wife is saying they have 30% off on everything since it is last day.
She paid $10 for it!!
Unbelievable, usually I'm not that lucky except one day about 26 years ago when I married her :)

Great find !!!! If you want to double your money, let me know 🤣.
If you look at the time line thread, the early small regulars were not stamped, You may have an early 96 regular. The steel could be either ATS34 or BG42.
You can call CRK to see if a new pocket clip will fit. Not sure, but I believe it will. Don't know how long the clips will be available for the older models. Seems like CRK is gearing up for the 31 and everything else is being faded out. You used to be able to get a spare blade for the 21, but not any more. They do not offer blades for the regulars.

Well it sounds like your find has improved to an early small regular Sebenza with BG-42 blade. A very sough after item. It may very well be worth sending it to CRK for a replacement birth card validating this.
Enjoy
In case you don't know-the B indicates the scales were made in the 2nd quarter of 98(they are made in batches),so it was assembled then or sometime after that.

Last edited:
Got a missing clip from CR and sharpened it (not a clip :) knife), is razor sharp (don't care about polish, it will be used, would go away soon anyway)
I like this knife very much!

a1.jpg
a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Scratched but I don't care, I know I can send it (been offered) for treatment but I don't feel it needs any, is perfect. I will carry it, it will get scratched more :)
Kind of low angle I think 16 degree but it is what it was, used sharpie to check it before.
I still can't get over how lucky this was!

Got a missing clip from CR and sharpened it (not a clip :) knife), is razor sharp (don't care about polish, it will be used, would go away soon anyway)
I like this knife very much!

a1.jpg
a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Scratched but I don't care, I know I can send it (been offered) for treatment but I don't feel it needs any, is perfect. I will carry it, it will get scratched more :)
Kind of low angle I think 16 degree but it is what it was, used sharpie to check it before.
I still can't get over how lucky this was!
If you keep gloating I’m going to ask the mods to ban you. Joking aside you really did score well with that knife. If it were me I would send it in and get it a spa treatment and then put your own character on it. That’s what I love about plain ti, it gets its own character and you remember what made those marks each time you use it.

I enjoyed reading this thread.

A big congrats to the OP. I can’t help but think that every member of this sub-forum has this exact fantasy cycling through their head every time they walk up to a table at a garage sale.

I am sure these finds are very few and far between, so congrats again and enjoy your Sebenza.

That was an incredible find! Like mentioned above, that is what all of us here are hoping for when we go to estate/garage sales:thumbsup:

Back