Throwing knives Illegal in KS?

Hey everyone,

I live in Kansas and Im interested in throwing knives, I have just recently got into them. Now I have no reason to carry these anywhere so im not asking if its legal to carry them on the streets like I would my folders. But is it illegal to have possession of throwing knives in my house and to use them in my back yard on targets and such?

thanks guys!

We have a Knife Laws forum that will get you a quicker answer, but I can't imagine why anyone would think they're illegal in and of themselves.

If a person were to be throwing them recklessly, say with kids around at a crowded party, I could see a disturbing the peace charge.

But if the knife is legal, throwing it is legal as long as you're not intending to hit anyone with it.

We have a Knife Laws forum that will get you a quicker answer, but I can't imagine why anyone would think they're illegal in and of themselves.

If a person were to be throwing them recklessly, say with kids around at a crowded party, I could see a disturbing the peace charge.

But if the knife is legal, throwing it is legal as long as you're not intending to hit anyone with it.

Very true my friend! I didnt even think of it that way before...any knife can really be a throwing knife. But actual "throwing knives" are just small fixed blades which are perfectly legal here :)
thanks!

Back