1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ti-lock

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Wrobelan, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    A normal Ti-lock, which I am especially fond of, sold today in an hour and four minutes. It's still a treasure, and I'd like to see it back in production.

I hope many of you agree, and those of you whom have not handled one, run to it.

Best.

Andrew

2. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I have one, great knife. They started the fancy versions, so I was hoping that with time (and more money) I could upgrade, but that wasn't enough the keep the knife alive. As far as it coming back in production...well the Ti-Lock was a Chris Reeve and Hawk collaboration and Chris Reeve has retired from CRK; w/o a champion, projects die. Gavin and Grant Hawk have moved on to other projects. About 2 years ago, they used the Ti-lock clip as an upgrade on the later version of Hawk-Boker Griploc.

3. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    I had been meaning to pick up a Ti-lock since they came out. I just recently picked up an Elemental after putting it off since they've been discontinued and I've fallen for it hard;). It really is an amazing design, and executed to the highest standard.

~Chip

4. Brendtech189

Brendtech189 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I have owned pretty much at least a few of every Sebenza design or configuration ever created. However I have never owned a ti-lock. Could someone please explain to me how the locking system works, and is this a knife worth buying to edc?
    Thanks so much for everyone's time.
    Best regards,
    Ryan

5. BellaBlades

BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    Do a search and you will find massive threads by kidcongo and myself regarding the ti lock. Here is a pic of mine a year ago. Ive had my ti lock for over two years now. It lives with a mora companion and my AFO II for work. I take really good care of it to pass it down to the kids one day.
    View attachment 637865

Wrobelan likes this.
  6. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    It's a great EDC. Better blade to handle ratio than almost every other folder. Can be opened like a slipjoint or one handed, plus easily flicked open. Ball bearing pivot. You should buy one, but they are no longer made :(

7. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    These are incredible reviews that will make you search everywhere for a ti-lock. I still recommend the original.

Good luck and thanks again people for the info!!!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  8. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    Deleted

9. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    Sorry. Tried to quote the reviews in original response, and it ended up as a reply.

10. plue

plue

Oct 3, 2012
    Such a goofy looking knife. Interesting lock idea, but it never took off... maybe for the better.

11. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Nope. It's a fantastic knife. Lock just adds to the appeal and aesthetic for me.

12. ESCA

ESCA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2017
    It's a fantastic knife and once you learn how to open & close it with one hand, you will be hooked.

13. Matteo Escobar

Matteo Escobar

Feb 26, 2002
    I had one for a couple months, sold it fairly quickly. When I saw they were being discontinued I didn't feel any need to grab another.