Tidioutes Only but Now Anyday

Good thread idea redsparrow redsparrow .:thumbsup: Still have my first Tidioute...

LLo1ZYr.jpg

Great idea for a thread! It's already brightened my Thursday! I have to ask....What year is your smooth oiled bone 73? The shield really makes that knife and I have a soft spot for smooth oiled bone anyway.
Take care,
Rick
Yeah you know what's coming... :eek:
Each day of the week is represented by specific segments from our various collections except one. Poor Thursday hasn't had it's own posting in over 2 years. To add insult to injury that thread was ravished by a certain unnamed photo hosting site.
So let's give both Thursday and Tidioute a little love by posting anything Tidioute Cutlery related. Show your photos, seek information, review various models or dream up suggestions for future models... Anything Tidioute related is welcome, be creative and have fun. Just to make it easier you don't actually have to wait till Thursday, post anytime but especially on Thursday. :)

Sve57x9.jpg

4rpnb6s.jpg

4wpyJLR.jpg

Please forgive me guys, I have never heard of Tidioute before. So I googled it and GEC popped right up? Is it a brand or knife style? Don't want to derail just curious. Thank you!

It is one of GEC's line of knives. In general a few bucks cheaper than a Northfield in the same pattern, also generally plain bolsters and satin blades.

Farm & Field = work knives
Tidioute = nice
Northfield = real nice

Wow folks!!! Fantastic response to this thread! Such beautiful photos... you all brought your "A" game and I like every single one of them. I'm of course a big fan of Tidioute and will be looking forward to Thursdays from now on. Thanks to all who have contributed.

S StubbyThumbnail The 73 in smooth white bone is one of 35 from 2009. One of my oldest and most favored Tidioute.

Thanks again folks your efforts are truly appreciated. -James

Back