Tigerhide

So I remember the snakeskin micarta story but wasn't able to buy back then unfortunately. We've all read the story for the limited run of snow hole micarta. Could someone post a link or tell the story of tigerhide micarta?

I keep wondering what else the Bossman was "Rat Holing" away and how many empty liquor bottles and beer cans he had to clear out to find this Micarta???

Apparently they cannot replicate snakeskin or tiger hide micarta. I see some makers on here that have some really neat tiger hide and snake skin micarta which look really nice. Its a little different than Busses old snakeskin but it looks good. I wish Busse would make a burlap micarta for their handles. I like the looks of that too.

I'd like to see a working man knife with DC finish and denim micarta. Seen some recycled blue jeans made into handle and it was blue collar cool

FiddleBack Forge uses a ton of burlap and denim, and you can salivate there. A2 is their go-to for their custom knives.

What I saw was a buddy who's a blacksmith son home made it for a knife he was making.

I'd like to see a working man knife with DC finish and denim micarta. Seen some recycled blue jeans made into handle and it was blue collar cool

There were a few customs at last year's Blade show with denim micarta...figures since I've been barking up that tree for years, lol. :D ...Trevor has 1 or 2, and I've seen another posted pic somewhere...before PB pulled their crap. Check out Lloyd " Butch" Harner's blue denim burl micarta...I dug it so much, got a Mosier Orchard custom to resemble a pair of jeans with his micarta.

MOSIER-BHARUCHA-HarnerBlueJeansBurl_Orchard-1_zpsda12371a.jpg MOSIER-BHARUCHA-HarnerBlueJeansBurl_Orchard-2_zps7cb3b56b.jpg
Photos Credit: David Mosier

Sometimes Tigerhide appears unexpectly...

jlXuOxWl.jpg

A Busse dressed in blue jeans would be wicked!

When Tigerhide started showing up I just assumed it was just another (random?) result of the resin colors added to the Micarta manufacturing process. ..it was different, it was cool, especially when raptor scales and quilts where machined into it.

"Camo" canvas, that eventually became known as "Snake Skin" was a result of the same (random) process.

I hope it was just a "Look what I did Mom" experimento_O

Back