1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiLock Left Handed Carry

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Erik Norseman, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Erik Norseman

Erik Norseman

Jun 9, 2017
    Hey all,

I'm wondering how my fellow lefties carry their TiLock? I am interested in buying one (if I can find one), but first wanted to know how people found it for left handed carry? I can see that the lanyard design is such that left pocket carry enables it to fall back instead of forward (as it seems it would in the right pocket), which is an advantage if you wanted to carry it with a lanyard.
    But what about one handed opening and one handed closing as a lefty? I think we all tend to use clips to get purchase during one handed opening, and especially during closing. The tilock already needing a show of dexterity to close one-handed, how much harder does this get for a lefty?

Also, how many have swapped the Hawk clip for a sebenza clip? Does this change anything?

Thanks for your input and pictures (especially of any first gen. bead blasted tilocks) would be greatly appreciated!

EN

2. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    I got to handle one at a local knife store before they had sold out of them and I found it fairly easy with the left hand and not any easier or more difficult with the right for the opening and closing actions. I don't often check pocket feel in stores and don't recall doing so with the TiLock I was very interested in one but could never get the funds nor was I convinced enough to put down that kind of money.

3. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    I carry mine in my left and open with my left. Like you stated, the lanyard falls nicely when in the left pocket for easy retrieval. I find this as a huge bonus, because I never held a CRK until I bought one (now some). Then you just open as you would normally. I find no inconvenience with it being a dedicated right clip and back to your statement - that lanyard plays its role well. It’s the only CRK I keep a lanyard on and it’s for easy retrieval out of left pocket carry.

I love the clip and it’s not coming off mine unless I don’t use it and if that happens - bye-bye lanyard.

I’m glad I got one. It’s the perfect carry for “city lifestyle” carry. I would never consider this knife to be a hard user like other CRKs. YMMV.

4. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I love the clip too, thinking of getting one for my Sebenza. Don't carry lefty, but have opened mine with both hands, truly ambi.