1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Titanium Anodizing, bead blasting, stonewashing, carbidizing and more!

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop: Services Offered' started by Maprik, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Maprik

Maprik

May 17, 2012
    Hello,

I am now providing Ti anodizing, bead blasting, stonewashing and lockface carbidizing as a service to BF members. I am also able to acid wash, stonewash, bead blast, and sharpen (Wicked Edge) blades. I take great care in doing this and take pride in quality workmanship. I am a perfectionist and guarantee my work. Text me at 971-678-1826 or e-mail me at [email protected]

All the best!

Maprik

[​IMG]
    IMG_1569
    by maprik, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_0821
    by GermoneGold, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_1164
    by maprik, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Untitled

IMG_0728 by GermoneGold, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_0710

[​IMG]
    IMG_0712

[​IMG]
    IMG_0679 by GermoneGold, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_0532

[​IMG]
    IMG_0527

[​IMG]
    IMG_0565

[​IMG]
    IMG_0566
    Untitled by GermoneGold, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Untitled

IMG_0489 by GermoneGold, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Untitled

[​IMG]

Sebenza 004 by GermoneGold, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Sebenza 006

IMG_0795 by GermoneGold, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_0796

IMG_1004 by GermoneGold, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_0879

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    WinonaRail likes this.
  2. RiverRat84

RiverRat84 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I can attest, Maprik does an excellent job and is wonderful to work with:thumbup:

3. portlandreign81

portlandreign81

Feb 3, 2012
    Glad your opening it up to everybody. I have seen his work fresh and it looks great (I was lucky enough to have the sniper a week or so and it looked even better in person). I also saw his small sebenza after some use and wear and the anodizing holds up extremely well. Great guy to deal with

4. Petiepablo37

Petiepablo37 Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2012
    MAPRIK is a straight class act. He anodized two of my skirmish's and a one of a kind sniper bladeworks LPC, that I got personally from Lance Abernathy ,that's how much faith I have in MAPRIK. If you get a chance to get some work done by MAPRIK, jump at the opportunity, he does quality and is a perfectionist. GOOD LUCK PHIL....

5. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    WOW...glad to see you're going big time now:thumbup:

I think Maprik does outstanding work! I had him do a ti clip for one of my flashlights. I asked him to do it in a blue color that matched the blue colors on the light, and it came out perfect! Turnaround was incredible...he received the package that day, anodized the clip, and sent it out the same day!

Here's a pic of the ti clip
    [​IMG]

WinonaRail likes this.
  6. s2kpdx

s2kpdx Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweet, glad to see this! I'll probly be hitting you up for some work sooner or later, just gotta decide what exactly... :)

7. Seilu

Seilu

Jun 28, 2012
    will be saving this thread for the future in case you do butterfly knife liners

8. Tim709

Tim709

Jan 29, 2011
    HI Maprik,

Your work looks fantastic! Mind if I ask if anodizing adds or removes anything significant in terms of thickness? You have done some pretty high end knives that have tight tolerances, and I was wondering if the anodizing affects the fit or performance.

Thanks
    Tim

9. CapitalizedLiving

CapitalizedLiving

Dec 1, 2007
    Nice. Email sent.

10. Maprik

Maprik

May 17, 2012
    Tim,

Anodizing adds nothing to the surface. Not even a micron. Because all it does is change the refractive properties of the top layer of molecules on the metal. Nothing lost nothing gained. Scotch briting may remove a small amount of metal but I never scotch brite the inner liner.

11. Maprik

Maprik

May 17, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  12. swimmerdude1127

swimmerdude1127 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Maprik does quality work. He gave me a great turnaround time, and his communications are always prompt and helpful. He went above and beyond on my project, and if I ever need any anodizing done again, he will be my go-to guy.

I give him the highest recommendation! He's great.

13. RobertK

RobertK post tenebras lux Gold Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Just a feeler. Thoughts on stonewashing a haiku?

14. Maprik

Maprik

May 17, 2012
    Send me a PM!

15. RobertK

RobertK post tenebras lux Gold Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Will do. ;)

16. CapitalizedLiving

CapitalizedLiving

Dec 1, 2007
    Just made the arrangements for a project - I'll get before/after pics and post them up as I think this is going to be killer.

17. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Maprik anodized a Sebenza 21 and a Bradley Alias I for me. They both turned out great. The bonus is the increased scratch resistance. The anodize coating is much harder than 6Al3V Titanium.

18. Maprik

Maprik

May 17, 2012
    Thanks guys.

Actually it's not the anodizing that makes it more scratch resistant, it's the stonewashing or sanded satin finish. Sand blasted and bead blasted finishes look great but dont't wear well unless you appreciate the "battle scarred" look (which on some knives does look cool!)

19. snakedoctor07

snakedoctor07

May 21, 2009
    Well I can definitely attest to Phil's work and just how amazing it is. I'm not one to really make a lot of comments/posts within the blade forum community, but I am constantly lurking around and staying up-to-date with things. Recently I purchased a small regular sebenza anodized blue from Phil (the second picture in the first post of this thread). After receiving it and fondling it I knew I had to leave a comment regarding Phil's work.

Without rambling too much I want to just say that the finish of his process is absolutely stunning and from what I can tell holds up well. I've only had the knife for a day or two now, but I have no worries (I think it's been anodized for a couple months now, and I assume used, so still looking great!). As to the question asked by one individual regarding tolerances and whether it's affected, I can safely say this CRK is BUTTERY smooth!! One of the nicest feeling sebenzas I've held to date, so definitely not something to worry about there.

I've rambled enough now. Ultimately Phil's work is great and don't hesitate to contact him with ANY of your anodizing needs!!

20. Maprik

Maprik

May 17, 2012
    WOW! Your 7th post in 4 years! I am honored Snake! Thanks for your kind words. And yes, that finish is at least a couple months old and looks the same as the day it was done. The ano is tough and the finish wears much better than the blasted finish. It's gonna stay that way for a LONG time. And of course, as with all my work, if you ever want it re-anodized or the color changed, I'll do that free of charge.