Tradional(-ish) With Pocket Clip

I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this but after dabbling in the tradition world for a bit I’m looking to expand out. The problem is so many modern folders just look too tactical for me. Does anyone know of a nice compromise? Specifically looking for a single blade with a pocket clip that is a little more on the classic side.

These Smith Cypress are interesting but are a bit long for my use. Their mudbug was closer to what I’m looking for but no pocket clip and still a little large.
http://www.smithandsonsknives.com/phone/cypress.html

Anyone have other suggestions? Simple, traditional style design, 3” ish blade length with pocket clip.

Thanks!

Sorry but we frown on pocket clip discussions in this forum (see our guidelines). I'll move this to General Knife Discussion.
No harm, no foul though.

Check out a Case Mid-Folding Hunter.
Traditional enough maybe, with lots of configurations.

Case makes a folding hunter with a pocket clip in your size range. They also make a regular trapper with a clip and a trapperlock with a clip. Double check the size on the Cypress, the blade is smaller than the Mudbug I believe. You may be looking at overall length instead of blade length.

By the way, these are all nice knives that don’t get the discussion they deserve because it’s hard to fit them in a category on Blade Forums. I think they would garner much more discussion in the traditional section, but they are not allowed due to offending features (clips, studs).

Al Mar makes a model called the Eagle. It looks the part, but uses a clip. I know they have a couple variations of it.

It’s a bit bigger than I remembered now that I’ve looked. 4” blade.

https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/...d=1567&a=folder&c=wood&s=1&sortType=defaultDe

Here's a link to a Knife Center search for wood handled folders, many with clips. They have the Spyderco Endura and Delica with wood scales, the Buck Vantage Avid, the Boker Plus Exskelibur II, and the MKM Lionsteel Bob Terzuola Clap Flipper, all which don't appear too tactical. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Chris Reeves Mnandi get a nod here either.

How about one of the new buck 110/112 variants with pocket clips?
They perform well, carry well, have loads of tradition as working class knives, and can now be purchased with pocket clips.

I have had to adapt knives as I have limited use of my left hand. Other alterations you can make:

--attach a thumb stud. Various companies sell them.

--on flat knives (eg, Mercator, Douk Douk) you can attach a clip. They are made by NiteIze.

As some have already mentioned, check out the J.E. Made knives at DLT Trading.

Probably the best knife in the realm of what you're looking for would be a CRK Mnandi.

If you can find one, the Isham Bladeworks Blackstar is a great little modern/traditional.
Ishlam-Bladeworks-Blackstar-SJ-Black-G-10-CF-Satin-BHQ-87714-jr.jpg

Not exactly traditional, but far away from tactical, I'd recommend the Benchmade Mini or Full sized Crooked River.

Benchmade-Mini-Crooked-River-Dymondwood-satin-BHQ-78770-er.jpg

Masserin has some knives that might suit you, or maybe a Buck 112 Slim Pro in micarta or G 10.

on flat knives (eg, Mercator, Douk Douk) you can attach a clip.

Otter Messer is making Mercators with a clip now, but no thumb stud. I assume that is to conform with German law.

Back