Traditional French Fry day

Reminds me of an old joke

a guy at work says he drinks an 8 ounce glass of Brake Fluid every morning

I said you shouldn’t do that it can kill you!

He said “that’s ok, I can Stop any time “

:)

G2

U8Vgsni.jpg

I was very fortunate to recently stumble upon this Navette from the late Renaud Aubry. Pretty nice Sambar stag. I appreciate the simplicity of the design and I like how the narrow handles are quite thick, like with many Laguioles, so it fills the hand. I work in the genetics field and the spine work reminds me of a DNA molecule.

mark_closed_cleaned small.jpeg

pile_closed_cleaned small.jpeg

spine_open_small.JPG

32 Dumas Aine (aka L P'tit 32). I believe this pattern is known as "charretier".

e1DxtJ.jpg
Cool knife!! charretier translates literally as "carter"! Is there a dialectic translation?? Gonzalo or anyone??

Cool knife!! charretier translates literally as "carter"! Is there a dialectic translation?? Gonzalo or anyone??

Thank you! I like it very much. I understand that is the translation. "Carrero" or "carretero" in Spanish is the one who drives a cart or wagon, just like "charretier" in French.. But then again, English not being my native language, I may be mistaken.

No idea, the fleame supposes that it could used to cure hooves, same for the saw. The general shape is similar to the tiré-droit/galvacher (without head bolster), also carter's knife.
According to Rousselon (maker of 32 Dumas brand) the main market was cane machetes for the Réunion island, during a journey there he proposed this little knife which soon became popular.
Rousselon is a very old name in Thiers cutlery and made many different patterns, folders and fixed, including shaving razors and scissors.

Arcs (amourette # snake wood); fine horn; ivory/mother of pearl (nacre); ivoirine (French ivory)
Rousselon_Arcs.jpg

Boules and Rasoir Marocain (!)
Rousselon_boules.jpg

Pradels and Massus (lower half)
Rousselon_Massus.jpg
(originals © B. Arthaud)

Back