1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Traveling knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 6leafdom, Jul 10, 2012.

1. 6leafdom

6leafdom Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2009
    What would be your pick for a traveling edc knife?

post a pic of your traveling edc

mine is spyderco delica wave
    [​IMG]

2. Bill1170

Bill1170

Dec 20, 2007
    Tinker plus Delica for 3" law jurisdictions.

3. odd

odd

Mar 31, 2012
    Mostly I would just carry the regular EDCs I carry unless some outdated/over protective/restrictive/retarded law had to be adhered to.
    Also cost of the blade may factor in as I (in my own mind) think it you have a better chance of finding your lost EDC in your own backyard then some foreign landscape in which your time/means to look for it may be less existent. (say drop you knife in the cottage lake fishing....may find it with a lucky dive. deep sea fishing? not so much.)
    so one I'm not afraid to possibly lose would be a plus.

4. Asura

Asura

Feb 25, 2006
    Alox Victorinox Cadet...

5. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2004
    If I'm flying someplace, I just mail a SAK ahead for when I get there. I hate checking bags and travel light.

If I'm driving, I just carry my normal edc stuff.

6. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    My Axis Mouse

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Franciscomv

Franciscomv

Feb 7, 2005
    I do a fair bit of traveling, most of it is inside my country. I organize all of my wrestling team's trips, and my mates expect me to be the one to sort out any problem that arises. So I tend to carry a lot of extra stuff (from a large FAK to extra singlets and everybody's favourite snacks).

This is what I carried in the knife & tool department on our last two trips (by bus). I keep the two folders and SAK in my pockets, the rest of the stuff stays in my daypack until needed. The specific knives and tools change often.

DSC00291.JPG

DSC00292.JPG

8. Zookie

Zookie

Jan 26, 2012
    My travel EDC is a cheaper one. I'd love to lug around my Sebenza or Vecp but I'm too paranoid about my baggage getting lost or misplaced since I fly to everywhere I go for work.

I usually bring my Spyderco Delica, and Kershaw Salvo. Also I like to bring my cheapie Chinese knives like the Enlan el01 and such.

I'm on New Orleans today and driving to Mississippi on a few hours so here's my EDC today.

[​IMG]

9. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    If there is any question about the knife laws where I am going I will carry a Leatherman of some sort. I have a few small folders that I used to be able to carry on airplanes but not in the last 11 years of course. For travel out west I usually carry one of my normal EDC's.

10. Foilist

Foilist

Dec 20, 2004
    For me, nothing beats the utility of a multitool, and the Vic Spirit X is my favorite. When paired with a folder or small fixed blade, I'm all set. Yesterday a got a CRKT Folts Minimalist wharncliffe, which is a great edc.

11. Cassull

Cassull

Mar 31, 2012
    I'd probably go with a UKPK, it's legal in most countries.

12. Jakeboy

Jakeboy

Feb 12, 2011
    When I fly, and check a bag, I bury a SAK at the bottom of my shaving kit.

13. Horusfour

Horusfour

Aug 11, 2005
    Take my BM 14205 or 520 when I go to knife friendly countries and my Victorinox Mauser when going to non knife friendly lands.

14. Gypsyjack

Gypsyjack

Jul 4, 2012
    I carry a Spyderco Ladybug since it's only got a 2" or so blade on it. Adheres to 99% of US blade laws and with the ZDP-189 it'll stay working sharp till the end of time.

15. springnr

springnr

May 17, 2006
    Spyderco Meerkat, small blade nice sized handle

16. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Vic SAK of some sort. Inexpensive, useful as all get-out, and replaceable.

17. BigBill5953

BigBill5953

Mar 5, 2012
    Victorinox Alox Cadet and sometimes a Spyderco Persistence paired with the Cadet.

18. czombie

czombie

May 26, 2011
    Kiwi...