Trying to decide on my Small Inkosi's Big Brother (Large Inkosi or Large 21)

nickj79

Gold Member
I love my small CF Inkosi. Enough to match it with the large? Or do I go with the iconic Large Sebenza everyone says you must own? Both plain jane btw.
And just for viewing pleasure here is the lonely Inkosi....

IMG_3688_zps9tuzlf1y.jpg

Just go ahead and get both. :p

I love the 21's and owned a CF 25 but it was very stiff even though its a bug ceramic detend. Was very hesitant to get the inkosi bc of the 25 but i can tell u that the free floating stop pin on the inkosi makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE. The inkosi is much more enjoyable to open and close vs the 21 imo. I would still prefer the grip of the 21 but smoothness of inkosi --->> now that would be a superb combo - everything same on 21 except add the ceramic lock face from inkosi. That would be the ultimate CRK for me atm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the 21's and owned a CF 25 but it was very stiff even though its a bug ceramic detend. Was very hesitant to get the inkosi bc of the 25 but i can tell u that the free floating stop pin on the inkosi makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE. The inkosi is much more enjoyable to open and close vs the 21 imo. I would still prefer the grip of the 21 but smoothness of inkosi --->> now that would be a superb combo - everything same on 21 except add the ceramic lock face from inkosi. That would be the ultimate CRK for me atm.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The floating stop pin will help with adjustment as the washers wear, I think the smoothness has more to do with the pivot and oversized washers. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
I have both large inkosi and 21...id have to lean towards the inkosi...however if ya want the 21 its still a great knife.

The floating stop pin will help with adjustment as the washers wear, I think the smoothness has more to do with the pivot and oversized washers. I could be wrong though.

The smoothness comes from the ceramic ball riding on the tang. You don't need to apply any grease to that area on an Inkosi. On a 21 however no matter how well lubed your washers are the lock bar riding on the tang causes the friction if not lubricated. And I agree with Thin-Slice; a 21 with the ceramic ball would be the ultimate CRK!

The smoothness comes from the ceramic ball riding on the tang. You don't need to apply any grease to that area on an Inkosi. On a 21 however no matter how well lubed your washers are the lock bar riding on the tang causes the friction if not lubricated. And I agree with Thin-Slice; a 21 with the ceramic ball would be the ultimate CRK!
The 21 does have a ceramic detent ball that the blade does ride on until it "falls" into lockup.

Now that I have a large 21 and a large Inkosi Inwould recommend the Inkosi. If for nothing other than the fact it has dual thumbstuds. The 21 is an amazing knife but everything that makes the 21 such an amazing knife is even more so on the Inkosi (except the bushing pivot)

I love the 21 but the Inkosi just feels like a more practical knife for me.

Wow, I have both the large & small Inkosi but I keep gravitating back to my 25. Just feels great. I know I'm in the minority here but... Can't help it. The small Inkosi is my more "discreet" carry and that also is a wonderful carry. I waited 8 months to have delivered my left handed inlaid lg Inkosi and rarely carry it. Crazy.

I never fell in love with my 21, no matter how much I tried. I have however fallen in love with my Inkosi and 25 CF. The 25 CF took more break in than the standard Ti frames but is butter smooth now. I do take my knives apart when I get them and do a very light polish on washers.

Back