1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Tsprof Precision Knife Sharpener

Discussion in 'For Sale: Gadgets & Gear (Dealer)' started by tsprof, Aug 4, 2016.

1. tsprof

tsprof

Jun 10, 2016
    ultimate precision sharpener (up to 0.1 degree), flip knife not removing from a clamp
    all parts made of metal, hardened clamps
    sharpen long knives, hollow grind, scissors and even axes
    compatible with EdgePro stones and vice versa
    manual sharpening process with removable table attachment
    build-in angle measurement gauge and reference plates for angle meter

[​IMG]

Sale! Standard kit only 185$ including:
    K01 System Body
    Abrasive Holder
    Vertical Stand with Angles Gauge
    2 Double Sided Diamond Stones 4 grits
    Single Clamp with hardened jaws
    Military Box, G-Clamp, Keys and Spare Parts
    Instructions manual

[video=youtube_share;Figz2T0mrzA]http://youtu.be/Figz2T0mrzA[/video]
    [​IMG]

Review and discussion: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ile-Sharpening-System?p=16348938#post16348938
    Email: [email protected]
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/techstudioprofile

Attached Files:

2. RobertJ

RobertJ

Apr 29, 2008
    Has your company compensated Wranglerstar in any way for permission to use his Intellectual property on one of your products (Wranglerstar Kit)? Or is he even aware you are using his brand name?

3. MaxFactor

MaxFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2012
    A Box From Russia Changed My Life

He credits tsprof (the manufacturer) in the video.

This actually looks like a huge improvement over the Edge Pro, which is my primary means of sharpening. I may pick one up eventually.

4. EveeEv

EveeEv Banned BANNED

Aug 13, 2016
    Is it still for sale at $185. Looks like the basic kit is around $300

5. RobertJ

RobertJ

Apr 29, 2008
    He may have told us who made the sharpener and state that it was sent unsolicited but that doesn't answer the question as to whether or not this company has permission to use Cody's brand name 'Wranglerstar' on one of their products. They are now calling the kit they sent to him the "Wranglerstar Kit" on their website. If they did receive permission to use his intellectual property to sell their product, the type of compensation needs to be disclosed. If they didn't receive permission then they are stealing Cody's intellectual property and profiting from that theft.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  6. sygyzy

sygyzy

Apr 29, 2003
    Give me a break. You think Wranglerstar (whoever he is) received a $3-400 knife sharpening kit for free, reviewed it and loved it, and has no idea that TSPROF is using his name? There are many examples of IP "theft" but I really doubt this is one of them. I recently wrote a review for a successful KS product and they quoted my words. I am not calling my lawyer anytime soon. Hang up your night school JD, there's no theft here.

7. RobertJ

RobertJ

Apr 29, 2008
    Looks like you are exactly right sygyzy.

Could be why this post on the Wranglerstar Youtube page was deleted.
    [​IMG]jpg images

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. EveeEv

EveeEv Banned BANNED

Aug 13, 2016
    The prices of this kit look to have been raised to the level of the Wicked Edge now. If Im spending that kind of coin im going American with the Wicked Edge. If this kit was around the 200-250 than id be all over it.

9. esurm

esurm

Jun 12, 2011
    That depends on what you get. You can get the base model for $153. $32 for the single clamp. $46 for the Silicon Carbide stone set, you can get going for $231. The kits have lots of addons that you may not need or want. You can fully customize what you get instead of going with their kits.

10. vronp

vronp

Dec 8, 2013
    Hi all,

I'm planning to purchase this sharpener (will be my first) and I'd like to get a recommendation on the silicon carbine versus boride stone set. Are the boride stones worth the extra $54 for a beginner like myself?

thanks,
    Dave

11. tsprof

tsprof

Jun 10, 2016