1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Twin Damasteel kitchen knives

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by Christian Trajkovski, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Christian Trajkovski

Christian Trajkovski

Oct 4, 2018
    Hello everyone!

I’m new to this forum but I would like your thougts on the two knives (or more accurately I probably would like to show of a bit) that I finished a month ago.

They are made from the same bar of Damasteel twist (this is why I call them twins), full flat grind with an cutting angle of 19 degrees.

Full tang construction with damascus pattern visible around the perimeter of the handle. Hardened to 60-61 HRC. The total legnth is a little bit over 30cm (approx 12 incheckningen). They are ground from thick bars to get some weight into the blade which gives a spine width of 3,7mm (approx 0,15 inches)

The handles are made from stabilized maple with bronze pins.

Damasteel went as far as to include them on their website as inspiration. (See link below)

http://damasteel.se/inspiration/chef-knives-christian-trajkovski-2/

Anyhow I want your thoughts one these blades, is there something you would have done differently if you were designing them (would like some input into my next project)

Finished knives
    [​IMG]

After etch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spine
    [​IMG]

cbr1000 and FOG2 like this.
  2. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps

Apr 20, 2018
    Beautiful.

Christian Trajkovski likes this.
  3. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps

Apr 20, 2018
    Beautiful.

4. Christian Trajkovski

Christian Trajkovski

Oct 4, 2018
    Thanks Eli!

5. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Lovely pieces. Kind of thick for kitchen knives IMHO, but they are gorgeous.

6. Christian Trajkovski

Christian Trajkovski

Oct 4, 2018
    Thanks madcap! Yes they are really thick at the spine, I just really like my knives to feel solid :). They are ground full flat and the edges razor sharp so they work in the kitchen despite the large spines. But yes I know that the "normal" kitchen knife is a lot thinner.

There is one other plus with the thick steel an that is that the pattern in te steel is clearly visible on the spine and around the handle.

[​IMG]

madcap_magician likes this.