• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Two Sided Paddle Strops With Compound (ALL SOLD)

NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have for sale large two sided paddle strops with lanyard and two 1oz compound bars of your choice (four available to choose from). Asking $40ea shipped within the United States, if you're located outside the U.S. please contact for quote. Will ship within 24-48hrs via USPS first class and tracking will be provided.

A little about the strop and materials. First I started with a select grade piece of poplar and then ran it through a planer to get it nice and flat, ripped, cut to length, cut out handle shape, routed and then sanded the entire strop down to 500 grit sand paper. I drilled and lightly flared the hole and then added a heavy 3/16" piece of leather for the lanyard. Each sided is branded, one side coarse and the other fine. The leather for the strop is a premium grade imported veg tanned leather, I do a lot of leather work and buy large or whole hides and select the best pieces for my strops. The leather is approximately 9oz in thickness and has a short nap and very dense feel. The leather takes compound well and provides an almost therapeutic stropping experience. The leather is attached via a hefty coating of contact cement and is not coming off anytime soon.

Strop dimensions: O.A.L is approximately 15.5", width is 3", stropping area each side is approximately 10" x 3".

Seller terms:
If you'd like a strop please post I'll take it in the thread, payment must be received within 24hrs of receiving payment information or item(s) will go back up for sale.

#1 Sold / payment received

#2 Sold / payment received

#3 Sold / payment received

826WP1d.jpg

vRS6Hik.jpg

wpoy4Ez.jpg

dVsMKdy.jpg

KSMLvKR.jpg

SCeeYe8.jpg

y0TqJ6G.jpg

68p8XBY.jpg

Last edited:
Just got mine in the mail today! Great product, I would strongly recommend this. You can tell from his pictures that he took his time, routed edges on the wood, sanded nicely, leather is trimmed precisely!
Thanks!

Hoping to buy....
Are any still avail?

Please email:
Tritsr01 at gmail dot com

Back