Umfaan or decorated Sebenza carriers--

How do you all carry your Umfaans and decorated Sebenzas? I have two large Sebenzas, a small Sebenza, and an Umfaan. I never worry about the plain ones getting scuffed, but for some reason I do worry about the Umfaan. Do any of you carry your polished slab versions in pocket without the slip sheath? How do they hold up to pocket wear? My Umfaan is my only Sebenza that has any polished Ti. The little slip sheath is nice, but makes a one handed knife a two handed knife. I would appreciate any feed back. (Yes, I also know that you can send them in for refurbishing if necessary.)

Thanks,
Paul Davidson

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Paul, I carry my Large Decorated in the standard CRK leather sheath. It is a loose fit and I have had no problems with scuffing. The small decorated usually rides in a suitcoat pocket in its slip sheath, and the Umfaans in my wallet pocket (left front), also in a slip sheath.

I have belt sheathes for the small Sebenza as well, but they are a tighter fit and I don't want to rub the polished Ti. But I am lucky enough to just carry the small decorated as a "gents knife" and also have a small plain for a working tool.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Hey paul,

I just carry around a large decorated and don't worry about it being scuffed. It doesn't get scratched that often and i figure that I might as well use it
smile.gif

------------------
-Humpty

Proverbs 23:2

AKTI Member # A000984

Guys, I carry a large plain daily. Often I carry my Umfaan in the slip sheath. I would hate to scratch a decorated (hence, they sit in the safe until someone...HINT HINT... buys or trades them from me) or special edition, so only my scarred (not really) razor sharp dual lug is my daily carrier! I am thinking about engraving my dualie! Any thoughts? I was thinking "FISH, Commander of the Western Hemisphere."

------------------
"Hi, I'm Fish, and I'm a Sebenzaholic..."
copfish@aol.com

Copfish, how about
"Fish - Starfleet Commander"
smile.gif

Paul, I've been watching the face of my newest baby, the 1999 umfaan in the sheath I've made for it and I think that the screws tend to keep the polished surface away from the leather pretty well, no scratches yet and I've worn it to work quite a bit. It needs the lanyard attached so you can remove it from the sheath but that's ok on this knife. I'm going to be making one for Larry pretty soon and see how that one goes also.

Paul, put those leather working tools to use there and get some leather from Weaver, you can do this, I just know it, maybe I'll send you out some leather? Gotta check, my supply is getting low as it is...

Having the Umfaan in a slip pouch is ok if your where a sheath might be frowned apon, but other wise, it's mighty handy to be able to reach, without fumbling with flaps, to pull the knife into use right away. But then I might be a little biased?

G2

------------------
"There are no dangerous weapons;
there are only dangerous men."
.......... Robert A. Heinlein, 1959

G2 Leatherworks

Gillett, PA.

[This message has been edited by Gary W. Graley (edited 18 December 1999).]

Back