Umfaan

11days

BANNED
Can you send your Umfaan to Chris Reeve to have serrations put on it.

A serrated Umfaan with a clip?
eek.gif
confused.gif
eek.gif

To each their own
rolleyes.gif

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

I dunno but
I know that I would like to see serratons and a clip......

But thats just me...

Serrations can't be placed on a blade after it's purchased. You'd have to ask CRK if they can put the serrations on a Umfaan as it's being made.

Why would you want serrations on a Umfaan?

Personally, I'm not too hyped on serrated blades. I had a blade mentor (my Dad) tell me (constantly), "Want a saw - buy a saw. Serrations don't belong on a knife!"

I'm not saying that he misled me or gave me wrong poop........but I can count on 1 hand how many knives that I own with serrations. I own 7 saws though......lol
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
GigOne
"Livin' Life - Full Throttle"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."

Gigone, If you are not so hyped on serrations on a knife why do you have 5 with serrations? And you are wrong when you say you can't get serrations on a CRK, I found it in a old topic. get it right!

[This message has been edited by 11days (edited 02-06-2000).]

The questin of clips on Umfaans came up before as an alternative to those who liked the size and usability of the Umfaan, but found the pocket sheath cumbersome for constant use.

Anne let it be known, IIRC, that clips were not going to be an option, as to make the clip sized appropriately to be secure and useful, there wasn't enough "real estate" ont he lock side to do the job properly. I was somewhat bummed myself.

------------------
Don LeHue

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

11days....."Gigone, If you are not so hyped on serrations on a knife why do you have 5 with serrations?"

.....I didn't state that I own "5" serrated knives. What I did say, "but I can count on 1 hand how many knives that I own with serrations." - Get it!

.....What this statment means...."I could have a minimum of 1 but up to a maximum of 5 knives that are serrated. Get it!

.....But, being the fine individual that you are and understand why that statement perplexes you...........So to ease your mind a little....I own 3 knives that have serrated blades...... I only hope that this is alright with you....

11days: "And you are wrong when you say you can't get serrations on a CRK, I found it in a old topic."

.....didn't state that! What I said, "Serrations can't be placed on a blade after it's purchased. You'd have to ask CRK if they can put the serrations on a Umfaan as it's being made." - Get it!

.....Notice the above statement??? "placed on a blade "AFTER IT'S PURCHASED." This is information that Chris Reeve Knives passed to me via an e-mail dated 17 Jan 00. - Get it?

.....Maybe they passed me wrong info! But that's OK.

.....Also notice, "You'd have to ask CRK if they can put the serrations on a Umfaan as it's being made." - Get it right!

"Got you right!" ha ha ha You're too funny!! A real clown act!! You act as if you know me.....

"11days; Can you send your Umfaan to Chris Reeve to have serrations put on it."

You asked the question and I tried to pass you some info..... "Get it right?" I'll keep your moniker in mind in the future!!

------------------
GigOne

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

[This message has been edited by GigOne (edited 02-07-2000).]

GigOne -

You are unbelievably annoying. Everything you say is so stupid that I don't think an intelligent individual is capable of understanding your thought patterns. I imagine that you are probably some old man (or obnoxious teenager) that doesn't have anything better to do than post stupid replies on the forum. How do you like that?

Oh by the way - "Get it right!"
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

GigOne and 11Days,

Cut this petty bickering out right now. This Forum is courteously provided for our use by Mike Tuber, and since the fine folks at Chris Reeve Knives first joined us here I have never seen such poor behavior displayed on this part of the Forum. There has been a widespread proliferation of immature behavior on the Forums in general of late, and I for one don’t want to see it spread to this one.

The members who participate here have been very good at providing information to each other and policing their own behavior in a cordial and friendly atmosphere, with the Moderator only stepping in to clear up any uncertain facts or answer questions. They are not here to break up squabbling between members over trivial details or babysit us during naptime.

Your behavior is unbecoming to the entire nature of our discussions, and won’t be tolerated for long by your fellow members.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Thank you James
smile.gif

11days, here is the link to Chris Reeve. You may want to ask them directly and post back to us. http://www.chrisreeve.com/

------------------
RICK - Left Handers Unite

[This message has been edited by RGRAY (edited 02-08-2000).]

11days,

If you have any additional utters that you'd like to share send it to me via e-mail! Like you should have done in your first weak stab.

If you would have added your e-mail tab on your post you would have gotten an e-mail from me instead of having to post my response in open.

Annoying?? Stupid?? hahaha nlm

It's amazing how, in 2 posts under your moniker, I've directed you towards CRK so that you can ask them questions directly....

------------------
GigOne

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I think a serrated Umfaan would look nasty. It seems far too small for this to be any good, aand also too small for a clip.

JD

I agree with JD; too small for either.
But I did order a Left Handed Umfaan today.
smile.gif

------------------
RICK - Left Handers Unite

Back