Umnumzaan Pin

Wolverine666

Gold Member
I just got a sweet new Umnumzaan. It came with a lanyard attached. I dislike lanyards so I cut it off and when I did the lanyard pin fell right out. Is this supposed to happen ? I always though the lanyard pin was permanently attached to the knife.

This is my first brand new Umnumzaan.

Some of the Sebenzas are like that as well. I think the newer ones they made it so they are not like that but I am not sure. However on most older Sebenzas if you remove the lanyard the pin will fall out. If you don't like lanyards but want to keep that sexy little pin then try putting a short short length of paracord through the pin and burn both ends that stick through the pin and squish them flat. That way you will have a little something holding the pin in but you don't have to have the lanyard.

I actually worry about it sometimes because on my Small 21 it seems that the lanyard gets cut by the tip of the blade when the knife is closed. There isn't enough room in there so the lanyard has begun fraying by getting rubbed against the tip. I am worried one day the lanyard will fall out and I will lose my precious little blue pin.

I just want to make sure the pin falling out is normal and not a defect. I'm fine with having no pin in there as long as that is how it's supposed to be without a lanyard.

The Umnumzaan is so awesome. Smooth as can be , great detent , solid build and absolutely gorgeous. Just want to make sure the pin falling out is not a defect.

Normal. Its the lanyard that prevents it from going side to side and thereby falling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is not a defect. There are two styles of pins from CRK a stepped one that does not fall out and a straight one that will fall out. It seems the stepped version usually comes with Smalls and the straight with Larges. (My small came with a straight one though) Don't worry though it is no defect at all.

I need to get an Umnumzaan. I am picking up a new Large 21 plain on Monday. I will have to get my store to order me an Umnumzaan too. I usually get my local store to order for me to prevent problems getting the knife to Canada.

Thanks guys , that's music to my ears. Glad it's normal. I love this knife.

The blade finish is hypnotic. Like a subtle stonewash maybe ? And it shimmers and looks great.

Last edited:
Yes it is such a beautiful knife. I heard the blade is actually made of Adamantium. ;D

I just got a sweet new Umnumzaan. It came with a lanyard attached. I dislike lanyards so I cut it off and when I did the lanyard pin fell right out. Is this supposed to happen ? I always though the lanyard pin was permanently attached to the knife.

This is my first brand new Umnumzaan.

You can order another set of standoff and pin + screw; they fit perfect ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great.

I'm about to order a couple body pins and body screws.

Do you guys put Loctite on them ?

Last edited:

I really like that "little modify" one that you did with factory CRK parts. That's just what I'm looking to do. Can you tell me exactly what I need to get from CRK ?

Screws , pins , back spacers , that's it ?

Last edited:
Thanks , thats great.

Just checked CRK and they're out of stock of Umnum screws. Dammit.

Back