VIDEO: CNC machined G10 Scales for Spyderco Delicas

For any of you machinists or anyone thats curious heres a quick time lapse video of my new CNC delica scales being made start to end

Like my facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/FortiusArmsInc

[video=youtube;lzmQB3Z-gtc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmQB3Z-gtc[/video]

That is COOL

I'm not a machinist but thanks for sharing interesting vid!

Cool video, thanks for sharing. More goes into the process than I expected.

Take my money. How much does a pair cost?. I really enjoyed that video with the sound track.

Nice, love shop footage, have to get my mitts on some micarta ones!

Absolutely awesome! Why cant any of the shops in my area do this kinda work ;) lol Id love to get paid to machine stuff like this lol. I love watchin machining videos too lol.
This makes me think twice about my future purchase. I might have to order a delica and a set if your scales instead what i originally planned on buying. :D

I would love a set of these for my stretch!

I have a few questions:

Are you willing to do this with different materials (i.e. differnt colors of g10/ carbon fiber)?

How long/ hard is the process of making scales for different knives (again my spyderco stretch)?

Also, in case I forgot to mention it before,

THOSE SCALES ROCK

I would be interested in purchasing some if you could tell me how difficult it would be to swap out the factory FRN ones. Also, what are you color options? I'm not able to check facebook at work so I have to get the info here or via email.

I would love a set of these for my stretch!

I have a few questions:

Are you willing to do this with different materials (i.e. differnt colors of g10/ carbon fiber)?

How long/ hard is the process of making scales for different knives (again my spyderco stretch)?

Also, in case I forgot to mention it before,

THOSE SCALES ROCK

The process of prototyping a new knife is long and tedious. Next knife I do will be the southard flipper. I don't have a stretch but I will not likely be interested in doing another knife with nested liners in the near future. Don't know how the stretch is constructed.
Thanks for the compliments

I would be interested in purchasing some if you could tell me how difficult it would be to swap out the factory FRN ones. Also, what are you color options? I'm not able to check facebook at work so I have to get the info here or via email.

The $50 price actually includes free installation. I prefer you send me the knife and I will install and return to you. Turn around time is usually 2 days. The delica is hard to assemble and disassemble so I choose to sell these installed for you.

The $50 price actually includes free installation. I prefer you send me the knife and I will install and return to you. Turn around time is usually 2 days. The delica is hard to assemble and disassemble so I choose to sell these installed for you.

That's even better. What about the color choices? Also, how does the fit turn out after reassembly? One of my favorite things about my Delica is the fit and I would hate to lose that for vanity's sake.

That's even better. What about the color choices? Also, how does the fit turn out after reassembly? One of my favorite things about my Delica is the fit and I would hate to lose that for vanity's sake.
If you think a factory delica fits together well then you will be more than satisfied with my scales. I've installed the scales on 4 knives now. None of the factory scales and back spacer lined up on factory scales. I do a final fitting as well to make sure everything is seamless. I have orange, toxic green, black, yellow, blue, black/blue layered. I also have desert camo kirinite in stock but that will be more expensive

Back