Video - Team Geminis

Great vid Rob!!! I've passed on the last couple TG offerings but I ordered up one of the TGA2's...this vid has pyched me up to get mine!!!!

Seems like the Battle Grade did slightly better than the Infi version. Great video nevertheless. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying the A2 version.

Rob, I've just subscribed to your channel and started watching you videos. Very cool stuff, man! Thanks and keep 'em coming!

Great video. I'm surprised the battle grade did better. I guess if you hit a rock or
Something though the infi would be easier to bring back.

As Rob mentioned a couple of times in the video, the convex geometry wasn't biting as much. Makes sense. Any obtuse convex edge I have used wanted to bounce more than bite. I don't think the steels really played a role in comparative performance here.

As Rob mentioned a couple of times in the video, the convex geometry wasn't biting as much. Makes sense. Any obtuse convex edge I have used wanted to bounce more than bite. I don't think the steels really played a role in comparative performance here.
Correct. The steel has nothing to do with the performance in this video. It's the grind and edge geometry on these two knives that make the difference. As I said in the video, the original TG has quite an obtuse edge and it's rather thick just behind the edge. Whilst it's quite sharp, it won't beat a thinner edge in chopping.

Back