Waiting for mine!

Well, I got my CQC-T hawk pre-ordered and now just like in the old Busse days of yore I am waiting for a "nuclear" delivery in about 4 weeks or so!

Hell, I ordered one not even knowing what kind of steel its going to be made of but if its "Emerson/ATC" I am trusting that the steel will be appropiate to its intended uses.

Come on you guys in the shop, lets hear the anvils sing!

Ron
:cool:

when you pre-ordered did you happen to find out what the dimensions were?

i hope it is like the ngr

No, I did not get the dimensions but I did find out that the steel will be 4140 and it will be hardened to RC 54-55 which should make for a VERY tough blade but I am not so sure that it will sustain a very sharp, keen edge.

I guess I will just have to wait and see. They said they should be shipping in about 4 weeks.

Ron, FWIW

:rolleyes:

i'm hoping for something in the same range as the rr spike :) the vtac looks too small for a woodsman tool

Witchhunter;
I think that the CQC-T (Close Quarter Combat) is designed for tactical and self defence uses rather then an outdoorsman survival/camping tool,however, it looks like something that I would not mind having around while in a camping situation or a survival situation.

Ron
:rolleyes:

of course you are right but there is no place for me to play with it other than the woods :p

not that i own one but the ngr looks like it would hold its own as well in a survival situation

witchhunter said:
i'm hoping for something in the same range as the rr spike :) the vtac looks too small for a woodsman tool
The VTAC IS alot smaller than the Roger's Rangers Spike 'Hawk.

Back