Wanenmacher show take-away...

So I made the Wanenmacher show in Tulsa last Saturday. Sheer number of tables and people can be overwhelming, especially if you're like me and not a fan of crowds.

I didn't get to spend the time I would have liked to, and didn't get to all the tables I intended to because my day was unexpectedly cut short. However, I was able to sell a few things, and pick up a few.

Probably nothing special, but here's the knives I brought home:
2016-04-06 18.36.47.jpg
Clockwise starting at 1 o'clock they are:

1. Case Farmer Jack, 62048SP, tang stamp puts it '40-'65 I think, tip was broken on main blade, repro filed and cleaned up a lot of rust.
2. Camillus Deluxe small stockman, 83, Camillus New York USA, good shape I think, coined liners.
3. Camillus barlow, 11, Camillus New York USA, I like the bone on this one.
4. Boker Tree Brand barlow, 493, no tang stamp, the bolster stamp is really cool. This one was really rusty, took a while to clean up.
5. Boker Tree Brand half whittler, 82189, Boker USA, half whittler are one of my favorite patterns.
6. Boker large single blade jack, no pattern number, Boker Solingen Germany Inox, this one reminds me of the 712 my father-in-law carries.

arrowhd

Gold Member
I went to that particular show several years ago and overwhelming is an understatement! Looks like you did OK though. Really like the Camillus.

5K Qs

Gold Member
Congrats on a major score, guy! :thumbup::thumbup:
Those all look like nice knives; the bottom 4 in particular really rev my motor! :cool:

- GT

Thanks guys, I'll try to throw up some better pics of the ones you like this evening!

A couple 'before' pics of the Case and the Barlows.
2016-04-07 23.12.32.jpg 2016-04-07 23.13.33.jpg

I used some 0000 steel wool, multiple oil flushes, a little reprofiling, and giving them a good edge. Neither of the Barlows wanted to open and both had significant amounts of crud in them. (Besides rust) :D