War Boar

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by jforbush, Jun 3, 2014.

1. jforbush

jforbush

Sep 29, 2007
    Are these still sought after? I have searched and don't find a lot of threads about them.

2. ZanMartin

ZanMartin

Apr 23, 2013
    I sure wouldn't mind one or twelve.

3. M67

M67 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    I would rather have a Holy Terror but I wouldn't turn down a deal on a War Boar

4. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Last time I had one up for sale (a year or two ago), I got the impression that they were very much in demand.

5. bobbystoney

bobbystoney

Dec 13, 2010
    I'm still looking for one so I'd say yes.

6. jforbush

jforbush

Sep 29, 2007
    Its just odd that there are no threads about them any more. I remember back a few years ago they would pop up but nothing nowadays. Have people just accepted the fact they are hard to find or is it the going prices of them now that have silenced the people?

7. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    In the absence of any available War Boars, you might take a look at Bark River's recent karambit fixed blade. It's interesting.

8. lazy otter

lazy otter Banned BANNED

Apr 4, 2013
    I agree the BRKT Ghost2 karambit I think it's called is pretty neat and they will sharpen the false edge for just the cost of shipping I believe. I just got a Blackjack lite-hawk which BRKT makes and it's great just like the other BRKT's I got.

9. ohiojerry

ohiojerry

Jul 7, 2005
    Not familiar with the War Boar. Anyone have a picture?

10. voracious1

voracious1

Aug 10, 2011
    image.jpg

11. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Definitely on my "Want" list!!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the pic Jody!!!! :)

12. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    gah! Why can't the custom shop offer them?!?

13. Bravado

Bravado

Feb 14, 2002
    What the heck is a War Boar?:confused:

14. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Well, see it's like this really big, really angry pig, that decided to join the Army, and he went off to War, and... ;)

15. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    It's the curved one with the serrations.

[​IMG]

16. El_Toro

El_Toro

Oct 6, 2006
    +1 on this, I picked up a couple of the new Bark River Karambit's when they came out about a month ago. Nice little knife and it comes with a leather sheath!:thumbup: It is smaller than the War Boar though.

I had a War Boar a number of years back and regret ever selling it! It had a black blade with black canvas handles. I got that one from Skunk's Company Store and remember they sat in stock for a long time. Same goes for some tan AK47's that sat in stock for a long while. Wish I had picked up multiples of each at the time, lol. If I remember correctly, I think the War Boars were around $300 and the AK's were in the $500-600 range.

I would love to see another run of the War Boars produced! It was very light for it's size, and if I remember correctly, they had a skeletonized tang. I'd be sure to pick one up and not sell it, lol.

17. lazy otter

lazy otter Banned BANNED

Apr 4, 2013
    They do also make a kydex sheath for them too I just don't remember which distributor had them a quick call to BRTK would let you know though. But I'd still rather have a War Boar.

18. RLB

RLB

Mar 2, 2006
    I love me a K-bit. I carry an Emerson combat karambit daily and also have the fixed version. BUT a War Boar is I guess sort of a Grail blade I will probably never own.

AKA SkunkHunter in the "Yard"

19. Bullcarver

Bullcarver

Jul 15, 2012
    Thanks for posting PICS - I was kinda wonder what one looked like myself.

20. Bravado

Bravado

Feb 14, 2002
    How do you use that? Looks like something you'd spin on your finger.:confused: