Was gone there for a bit (aka sad & missing BF! ^_^) But now back & w/ new sharp companions... :]

Hey BF! Long time no see friends! ^_^

I've been mostly on the for sale forums these past few months, but I'm happy to say I'll be a more active member once more. :]

And I've got some exciting new blades on the way:

• Buck 110 with Brass & Ironwood
• Buck 112 with Brass & Buckeye Burlwood (The two best choices for wood on the Buck website, am I right? Maybe not. I just felt lucky to have those as options. ^_^)
• Vanguard
• Opinel No 8 (Oak)
• Black Explorer
• GEC Desert Ironwood #46 Whaler
• Orchid Alox + Black Alox Pioneers
• Blue Alox + Army Green Alox Cadets
• Orange Alox + Copper Alox Farmers
• Berry Red Alox SD Classic
• Silver Alox MiniChamp
• A Spyderco Dragonfly SS Tattoo
• Silver + Pink Kershaw Chives
• Teal + Orange Kershaw Leeks
• Purple + Blue Kershaw Scallions
• A Kershaw vintage 5700 model

& I decided to hold on to my Nickel & Blue Wood Buck 112 w/ the mirrored finish blade & Wood SwissChamp, so they will be in good company very soon.

I will DEFINITELY update with photos once they all arrive. ♡

Do any of you guys have any new sharps coming your way? I'd love to chat about them and hear your opinions on my new lot as well! ^_^

Happy Almost weekend to all of you and I hope you've been well! :)

Sincerely,
~ Sparkly ♡

Last edited:
What's your most used knife over the last few months sparkly?

No new knives headed my way, I just bought one a few weeks ago though. Spartan TT.

Can't imagine why you want the GEC 46 Whaler. I view it as a collector's knife. But welcome back to BF. The Buck Vanguard is good. 110's always good. You should have jumped on the Buck Traditional Forum 2018 knife when it was offered for pre-order. It is going to be special.

Can't imagine why you want the GEC 46 Whaler. I view it as a collector's knife. But welcome back to BF. The Buck Vanguard is good. 110's always good. You should have jumped on the Buck Traditional Forum 2018 knife when it was offered for pre-order. It is going to be special.

Hey there 22-rimfire 22-rimfire ! :)

I just for some reason really took a liking to it a while back. Almost bought one a couple of times actually, but this time it's for real. ^_^ I love big clunky old timey blades, I always have! :) Just a personal preference I guess, I know many people would not agree with me. :] Hope you've been well, 22-rimfire!! ^_^

What's your most used knife over the last few months sparkly?

No new knives headed my way, I just bought one a few weeks ago though. Spartan TT.

Definitely my SwissChamp. That thing has been a friend for sure. I need to look up how-to clean him though, he's gotten pretty grimy on adventures.

Knives on the way?..... only the expected Traditional Forum knife that should be finished in the next couple of weeks for distribution. I did pick up a couple Rough Rider slip joints and a new 16" Condor machete in the last couple of weeks. Prior to that, I got the little fixed blade for general woods use and hiking... White River Backpacker Pro. I like this one a lot!

Hey there 22-rimfire 22-rimfire ! :)

I just for some reason really took a liking to it a while back. Almost bought one a couple of times actually, but this time it's for real. ^_^ I love big clunky old timey blades, I always have! :) Just a personal preference I guess, I know many people would not agree with me. :] Hope you've been well, 22-rimfire!! ^_^
I hope you love it. It is a beast! I have been trying to temper my knife buying urges as I own more knives than any normal human would ever need. The little Backpacker Pro has almost caused me to park my brand new Bark River Wilderness Explorer fixed blade that I specifically purchased as a general purpose woods blade. Frankly, it's one of these do it all kind of knives with a 5.75" blade. Kabar will be releasing the new BK-62 (Kephart) that they copied from the original knife Ethan Becker obtained and then later donated to the Kephart museum. I will be getting the BK-62 and hoping it is available prior to Christmas. Need it? Nope. Want it though....

Welcome back Sparkly! The only knife I have coming is the new 2018 Buck Bladeforums knife!:):thumbsup:

I just hope the Canada Postal workers strike is all settled by the time they're ready to ship.:mad:

Knives on the way?..... only the expected Traditional Forum knife that should be finished in the next couple of weeks for distribution. I did pick up a couple Rough Rider slip joints and a new 16" Condor machete in the last couple of weeks. Prior to that, I got the little fixed blade for general woods use and hiking... White River Backpacker Pro. I like this one a lot!

What're some cool single blade rough riders?

DSC03612ed.jpgDSC03617ed.jpg
Sparkly, here are the two fixed blades acquired this year. Opposites must attract. Been leaning toward more colorful handles as they are easier to keep track of if you lay them down. I find the C-Tek an interesting handle material; certainly durable.
Two Rough Rider Slip joints above (Peanut and Sowbelly).

Last edited:
Welcome back. My most recent knife is the Giantmouse GMF1-E — their Elmax sprint. I probably won't be getting another knife for a while.

What're some cool single blade rough riders?
Of the top of my head, I don't know as I always look at two blade and some times three blade Rough Riders. Just go through the "catalog" and find what you like and order. They are a bargain for what you get at least with slip joints.

Added: Of the few patterns that Rough Rider has with a single blade, the toothpick and doctors knife patterns probably have the most appeal to me. They do have a couple lock backs, which tend to be larger knives.

Last edited:
Welcome back. I have a older Schrade Walden birdseye stockman heading my way. I've always wanted one so im excited for it to arrive. And its used with a nice patina so straight into my pocket it can go without the usual should I carry it or save it mind game. Lol

I got this a bit ago to pack down in the woods when I go traipsing off with the dog beasts.
9ghque.jp

Too many recent knives haha... Picked up a Dan Tope Bulldog and the 20cv pm2 from dlt. Snagged a mantra 1 when it went disco. Got a Bradford Guardian 3.5 on the way today and waiting on the 2018 forum knife to finish up... My hobby fund took a hit the past couple months! ;)

You are sure friendly, sparkly! You must have come when I was on sabbatical.

I've got an A.G. Russell medium folding Hunter on the way.

I don't have a 110, but I just sent my 112 Paper Stone back for warranty repair. They ground the lock bar too thin and it binds up the action. The grip on the Paper Stone model is fantastic; it's a bit more sculptured than the classic design. It's on par with the finger grooved models.

I've got a carbon Opinel #6 in my collection with some rust I need to knock off with some naval jelly, and a #7 carbon in my wishlist at an online retailer. I'm thinking #7 should be about perfect for me.

Explorer is my favorite SAK and also of the late Karl Elsener. It has translucent emerald green Plus scales from an ebay seller awhile ago, and he included free stamping on the blade, do I got it stamped with my forum name:

(Click for larger)

Last edited:
Back