We rectifier vs ferrum forge falcon

smilk327

Gold Member
Title say it all. I am in constant debate between these two knives. Does anyone have experience with both that can highlight strengths and weaknesses? Are there any very similar knives I am missing in the same price range?

No experience with FF but I got a chance to check out the Rectifier. It's well made of course. What really stands out is the thin stock and the deep hollow grind. It's one of the sliciest production folders out there. It felt great in my medium hand. Pocket clip works well.

I've owned both and I'll give the nod to the Rectifier. Better ergo's, slicey blade with multiple deployment options, lighter, etc. Both are good knives but the Rectifier is one of my favorite EDC knives I've owned. It's a little bigger too, my hand felt cramped on the Falcon.

No experience with FF but I got a chance to check out the Rectifier. It's well made of course. What really stands out is the thin stock and the deep hollow grind. It's one of the sliciest production folders out there. It felt great in my medium hand. Pocket clip works well.
Thank you for your help lot seems that is the common theme is how slicey it is which is awesome. I have medium to large hands so it seems like it will fit well

I've owned both and I'll give the nod to the Rectifier. Better ergo's, slicey blade with multiple deployment options, lighter, etc. Both are good knives but the Rectifier is one of my favorite EDC knives I've owned. It's a little bigger too, my hand felt cramped on the Falcon.

Thank you this is the feedback I was hoping for. How does the action compare on both?

That’s tough to say. I’m tempted to get in on the drop. Really like the FF Crux!
The crux just doesn’t do it for me. Maybe after I figure out the debate between Rectifier and Falcon. Which right now all signs seem to point to Rectifier.

The Falcon is the nicer of the two... but the Rectifier is the better of the two. The falcon is too thick.

The Falcon is the nicer of the two... but the Rectifier is the better of the two. The falcon is too thick.
I kind of got that impression the falcon looks amazing and the rectifier while decent in its own right just is g10 and frame lock. We’ve all been there. Which one has the better fidget factor?

I actually have both. The Rectifier has better action, but the Falcon is smoother to close. The Rectifier has a sharper flipper tab and the lock is a little harder to actuate. The Falcon has worse chamfering on the lock bar, so while it has less pressure it is a little more uncomfortable to actuate. The Falcon has a much thicker handle, almost rounded in a few spots, the Rectifier is a little more comfortable in my medium small hands, but the choil helps index the Falcon better. The Rectifier is significantly lighter, being around 2/3 the thickness and having little over half the blade stock thickness. The Rectifier has a more firm detent, so the thumb hole is harder to use, but the Falcon has worse thumb hole access so it isn't easy to use either.

Overall they share a lot in common, titanium framelock flippers with ceramic bearings and detent in S35VN, milled titanium clips, multiple finish and color options, price around $150 and great flipping action. Either one is a solid option.

A better comparison, however, is the Rectifier and FF Gent. In that match up the Gent wins by a fair margin by being just over half the price.

I actually have both. The Rectifier has better action, but the Falcon is smoother to close. The Rectifier has a sharper flipper tab and the lock is a little harder to actuate. The Falcon has worse chamfering on the lock bar, so while it has less pressure it is a little more uncomfortable to actuate. The Falcon has a much thicker handle, almost rounded in a few spots, the Rectifier is a little more comfortable in my medium small hands, but the choil helps index the Falcon better. The Rectifier is significantly lighter, being around 2/3 the thickness and having little over half the blade stock thickness. The Rectifier has a more firm detent, so the thumb hole is harder to use, but the Falcon has worse thumb hole access so it isn't easy to use either.

Overall they share a lot in common, titanium framelock flippers with ceramic bearings and detent in S35VN, milled titanium clips, multiple finish and color options, price around $150 and great flipping action. Either one is a solid option.

A better comparison, however, is the Rectifier and FF Gent. In that match up the Gent wins by a fair margin by being just over half the price.

I can’t thank you enough for this detailed comparison. I have the gent and while it’s an amazing knife the non jimped flipper tab and single method of opening don’t make it fun to use. It is however extremely functional and a great edc. If you could pick one to use daily and fidget with between the Rectifier and the Falcon which one wouldn’t it be?

I can’t thank you enough for this detailed comparison. I have the gent and while it’s an amazing knife the non jimped flipper tab and single method of opening don’t make it fun to use. It is however extremely functional and a great edc. If you could pick one to use daily and fidget with between the Rectifier and the Falcon which one wouldn’t it be?
For actual use, Rectifier hands down. It cuts so much better. For little cutting but lots of fiddling I'd have to go with the Falcon because it makes a cooler sound when it opens.

Thank you! I do a lot of fiddling and medium to small cutting. See and now the tide swings in the falcons favor. Lol this hobby is so much fun.

Trying to use rhe thumb holes on both my Falcon and Rectifier, I can tell you that neither is an especially good option if you want to not use the flipper. Right or left handed, the detent is way too strong for the thumb hole to be little more than decorative. I view them both as flippers only.

Trying to use rhe thumb holes on both my Falcon and Rectifier, I can tell you that neither is an especially good option if you want to not use the flipper. Right or left handed, the detent is way too strong for the thumb hole to be little more than decorative. I view them both as flippers only.
Well that’s disappointing I really liked the idea of the multiple deployment options. Spyderco flippers just aren’t quite right. I was hopping for a great flipper with extras. Although I have seen people use the holes etc maybe it just takes some getting used to?

Well that’s disappointing I really liked the idea of the multiple deployment options. Spyderco flippers just aren’t quite right. I was hopping for a great flipper with extras. Although I have seen people use the holes etc maybe it just takes some getting used to?

Detents are not the same on all knives. My rectifier can be easily opened with the thumb hole, flipper and the "spydie flick".

Back