What are some of the best 1950's , 60's , 70's , 80's & 90's Television Shows

Green Acres.jpg

Green Acres is a sitcom starring Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor about a couple that moves from New York City to a country farm. Produced by Filmways as a sister show to Petticoat Junction, the series aired on CBS from 1965 until 1971.
green-acres-cast.jpg
New York lawyer Oliver Wendell Douglas longs for a simpler way of life. So he buys a farm, sight unseen, and moves there to live off the land, much to the chagrin of his socialite wife, Lisa. The collision of small-town life and Lisa's sophisticated ways - she insists on wearing full-length gowns and ostentatious jewelry, even on the farm - provide much of the humor in the show. CBS
Seasons: 6
Episodes: 170
View list of all Green Acres episodes
Original Primetime TV Schedule:
  • September 1965- September 1968, Wednesday 9:00-9:30pm
  • September 1968- September 1969, Wednesday 9:30-10:00pm
  • September 1969- September 1970, Saturday 9:00-9:30pm
  • September 1970- September 1971, Tuesday 8:00-8:30pm
green-acres-logo.jpg

Theme Song Lyrics & Opening Intro
Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.
New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.
...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square
You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.
Watch opening intro:

Listen to theme song:

Last edited:
the-andy-griffith-show-the-complete-first-season-20041112102447858.jpg
The Andy Griffith Show is a sitcom that aired on CBS from 1960 until 1968 about a widowed sheriff in the fictional small community of Mayberry, North Carolina. His life is complicated by an inept but well-meaning deputy, Barney Fife (Don Knotts), a spinster aunt and housekeeper, Aunt Bee (Frances Bavier), and a young son, Opie. Local ne'er-do-wells, bumbling pals, and temperamental girlfriends further complicate his life.
its debut in 1960, The Andy Griffith Show has been a viewer favorite thanks to its folksy, nostalgic charm and memorable cast, both of which shine in this set featuring the series' debut season. Originally spun off from an episode of Make Room for Daddy (both series shared producers Sheldon Leonard and Danny Thomas), The Andy Griffith Show centered around the lives of small-town sheriff Andy Taylor (the marvelously dry Griffith), his son Opie (Ron Howard), cousin and deputy Barney Fife (multiple Emmy winner Don Knotts), and the other gentle eccentrics of Mayberry (which was based on Griffith's real hometown). But while other "rural" programs poked fun at its characters (The Real McCoys, The Beverly Hillbillies), The Andy Griffith Show never stooped to stereotypes, preferring instead to draw its humor from the fine writing and cast, which counted Frances Bavier as Aunt Bee, Howard McNear as Floyd the Barber, and Hal Campbell as Mayberry's benevolent drunk, Otis. CBS
Seasons: 8
Episodes: 249
List of all Andy Griffith Show episodes
The Andy Griffith Show Episode Guide
  • October 1960- July 1963, Monday 9:30-10:00pm
  • September 1963- September 1964, Monday 9:30-10:00pm
  • September 1964- June 1965, Monday 8:30-9:00pm
  • September 1965- September 1968, Monday 9:00-9:30pm
andy-griffith-show-logo.jpg

Theme Song & Opening Intro
"The Fishing Hole" by Earle Hagen

Last edited:
Get Smart is a comedy series that satirizes the secret agent genre that aired on both NBC and CBS from 1965 to 1970. Created by Mel Brooks with Buck Henry, the show starred Don Adams (as Maxwell Smart, Agent 86), Barbara Feldon (as Agent 99), and Edward Platt (as Chief).
The right show at the right time, Get Smart brilliantly spoofed the spy genre that was all the rage in 1965, with James Bond on the big screen, and such series as Danger Man, The Avengers, The Saint, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., and I Spy more or less playing it straight on the small screen. Get Smart, on the other hand, had a license to kill…with laughter. Mel Brooks and Buck Henry created one of TV's all-time greatest characters, Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 of CONTROL, the super-secret agency vigilantly on alert against the forces of KAOS, an organized crime outfit dedicated to evil.

cast.jpg

Smart (Don Adams in his iconic, Emmy-winning role), an American Clouseau, was not stupid. Totally inept as a secret agent, Smart could barely use the gadgetry the agency provided him (including a phone embedded in his shoe). Though all evidence to the contrary, he was, in his own mind, a suave and sophisticated spy, albeit one who would inadvertently lean against a freshly painted wall while shadowing an enemy agent. Get Smart hilariously demoralized the business of espionage. Agents punch a time clock and dispute vacation time. Cool spy gadgets, such as the infamous Cone of Silence, are prone to malfunction. Agent 99 is Smart's smarter partner, a resourceful agent who later married her bumbling cohort. Smart and Agent 99's boss is a man known only as The Chief. With Get Smart, you will be witness to some of TV's funniest moments, sharpest writing, and expertly-executed physical comedy. And… loving it. NBC, CBS
Number of Seasons: 5
Number of Episodes: 138
Get Smart Episode Guide
  • September 1965- September 1968, NBC, Saturday 8:30-9:00pm
  • September 1968- September 1969, NBC, Saturday 8:00-8:30pm
  • September 1969- February 1970, CBS, Friday 7:30-8:00pm
  • April 1970- September 1970, CBS, Friday 7:30-8:00pm
Theme Song & Opening Credits
{videobox}/media/video/getsmart.mp4{/videobox}
Theme by Irving Szathmary

Last edited:
Gilligan's Island is a sitcom that aired on CBS from 1964 to 1967 about seven castaways that were stranded on a deserted island.
gilligans-island-cast.jpg
The expository theme song is one of television's most quoted, and its characters--the Skipper, first mate Gilligan, the millionaire and his wife, a movie star, "and the rest" as the Professor and Mary Ann are pop culture icons. Gilligan's Island centered around a this group who were stranded on an uncharted deserted island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. They all were on a boat tour, which found itself in the middle of a storm leading them to crash on an island! Gilligan was the first mate on the boat, the SS Minnow. Most episodes dealt with the castaways trying to get off the island, but their attempts seemed to always be foiled by Gilligan. That, and the unending debate: Ginger or Mary Ann? CBS
Seasons: 3
Episodes: 98
List of all Gilligan's Island episodes
View the Gilligan's Island episode guide
  • September 1964- September 1965, Saturday 8:30-9:00pm
  • September 1965- September 1966, Thursday 8:00-8:30pm
  • September 1966- September 1967, Monday 7:30-8:00pm
gilligans-island-logo.jpg

Theme Song Lyrics & Opening Credits
"The Ballad of Gilligan's Isle"
by George Wyle and Sherwood Schwartz

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.
The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.
The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
With Gilligan
The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star
The professor and Mary Ann,
Here on Gilligans Isle.
So this is the tale of the castways,
They're here for a long, long time,
They'll have to make the best of things,
It's an uphill climb.
The first mate and the Skipper too,
Will do their very best,
To make the others comfortable,
In the tropic island nest.
No phone, no lights no motor cars,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primitive as can be.
So join us here each week my friends,
You're sure to get a smile,
From seven stranded castways,
Here on "Gilligan's Isle."

Last edited:
Happy Days is a sitcom that aired from 1974 to 1984 on ABC. Created by Garry Marshall, the series showcased an idealized vision of life in mid-1950s to mid-1960s America. Less than a year after Ron Howard played a college-bound adolescent enjoying a final, summer-of-1962 romp with old friends in American Graffiti, he turned up as high school innocent Richie Cunningham in the memorable, ABC television network debut of Happy Days, set a few years earlier in Milwaukee. The show would last a decade and go through many changes in tone, cast, and character development, but that first season got a boost from the natural perception that it had some things in common with Graffiti: Howard, of course, but also fumbling teenage sex, drag races, drive-in food, pesky little sisters, and laconic greasers.

happy-days-5b73f12472c9e.jpg

Happy Days is a sweet trip back to the Garry Marshall-produced sitcom's 1974 entry in primetime television, before political correctness would make stories about clean-cut boys fixated on seducing girls unthinkable, and long before older kids were defined by angst on the WB and Fox TV. At least in its first year, before Happy Days developed more of a comic-book feel and energy, the show was about Richie's all-too-human inclination to grow up too fast, to bite off more than he could chew and learn poignant lessons in the process. He was a sympathetic naif, not the charming braggart he later became, and major characters appear to have been created to provide both ballast and motivation. Among them is best friend Potsie (Anson Williams), a superficial hustler who typically incites Richie's enthusiasm for booze, reputed nymphomaniacs, and sophisticated, older girls, and fast-talking Ralph Malph (Donny Most), owner of a fantastic, yellow hot rod. More important are counterparts Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli (Henry Winkler), a vaguely dangerous drop-out, and Richie's exasperated father, Howard Cunningham (Tom Bosley), each of whom provides Richie the validation of an experienced male: Fonzie's raw worldliness versus Mr. C's seasoned view of a man's responsibilities. ABC
Seasons: 11
Episodes: 255
List of all Happy Days episodes
  • January 1974- September 1983, Tuesday 8:00-8:30pm
  • September 1983- January 1984, Tuesday 8:30-9:00pm
  • April 1984- May 1984, Tuesday 8:30-9:00pm
  • June 1984- July 1984, Thursday 8:00-8:30pm
happy-days-logo.jpg

Theme Song Lyrics & Opening Credits
"Happy Days" by Norman Gimbel and Charles Fox

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
Saturday, what a day,
Rockin all week with you.
This day is ours
Won't you be mine. (Oh Happy Days)
This day is ours (Oh Happy Days)
Oh please be mine.
Hello sunshine, goodbye rain,
She's wearing my high school ring on her chain.
She's my steady, I'm her man,
I'm gonna love her all I can.
(Chorus)
Gonna cruise her round the town,
Show everybody what I've found
Rock'n'roll with all my friends
Hopin' the music never ends.
These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
These Happy Days are yours and mine, Happy Days.

Last edited:
M*A*S*H*
One Day At A Time
Three's Company
Fantasy Island (dee plane, dee plane!)
WKRP in Cincinnati
Gilligan's Island
Happy Days
Private Benjamin
Remington Steele
The Fall Guy
Hill Street Blues
Cheers

Last edited:
Not bad. But, you failed to list The Twilight Zone, Get Smart and I Dream of Jeannie.

n2s

Back