What are the best throwing knives out their?

Im thinking of starting this hobby to ad on to my knife collections and I was wondering.

What is the best kind of throwing knife?

For balisongs we got Benchmade 42's, Automatic Knives we got Microtech but for throwing knives what brand/model should I be looking for?

First, let me officially warn you of the dangers of knife throwing: it's addicting. I gotta tell you, it doesn't stop... pretty soon you wind up picking up just about any object in your hand, and start to analyze its potential to stick. Doors and sections of drywall in your home may develop strange holes blown inward and out the back. Screwdrivers and other tools disappear for weeks at a time....

Assuming you're ready for that :))), you need to get some knives. Others may argue here, but you shouldn't begin expensively here.

Start with low cost throwers! You stand a very good chance of losing them or damaging them badly.

I don't think I've ever spent more than $20 on a thrower. You can get them just about anywhere, too. Or you can make your own out of an old set of kitchen knives ground or filed to a reasonable spear point. As long as they're remotely balanced, you can start learning right away.

I'd spend more time on finding useful and safe throwing targets before worrying about the blade manufacturer.

Once you develop your own throwing style, you'll have a better feel for what type of throwing knives you like and would want: heavier or lighter, longer or shorter, etc.

Cold steel makes a pretty decent thrower out there. I would say Jeff Koch, he makes custom throwers for about $30 BUCKS each (wow) and they are the best I've ever thrown. I think he has had some mechanical troubles with his shop recently though, I'll have to call and ask him.

ok I have been throwing for 30 years my dad was a cammando in wwII and throws underhand thats how he told me how to do it its great for long shots but I throw overhand most of the time I can hit a dart baord any place in 25-30 feet both under and over hand and the best knife yet is made by mat marinas called "Pananandata" I got three at a gun show about 5 years ago and by far the best except for a old k-bar I've ever throwen I made some knives with the same pattern and they work just as well these are 1/4 thick and will go threw a 3/4 plywood any time 6" blade and damn good look it up you'll like I got mine for 30 bucks for three
IronArm knives
Clint

Last edited:
Stay away from the united cutlery arrow ones the balance isn't good and i don't know any one who can throw it...... has any one tried a fork? I can make one stick in a stack of cardboard from about 15 feet. if you have aces to old boxes brake them down and tape them together, they make a good target, its free and you wont heart your knifes if you get a weird tip hit. have fun and be safe.

Just go get some knives and start and dont get tird of trying . I started with a smith&weson HRT boot knife i have had for about 4 yrs . proble not the easyest knife to start with.

throwers002.jpg

Harald Moeller is the king.

cold steel throwers work good for me and I'm a newbie. If I can get them to stick, anyone can!

I have some cold steel throwers, wich is rather good, although I have snapped two of the old Shure Flight(?) single edged knives in the front handle string hole. I have a hibben 2 wich is wery good, and some of the small hibben throwers, bought mostly for indoor use. When they hit flat on my cardbord in-door target, and bounce on the floor, they make an incredible noice.
And since I want to continue married life, my perfect (inndoor) throwers for the moment is sharpened bamboo chopsticks, wich I use mostly for no-rotation "combat" throws. I can make them stick in layers of cardbord most of the times at 3 - 4meters (10 - 15 feet) , and improwing.
They are wery light, and a little wind wind would blow them away:)

I have bendt a lot of cheap throwers through the years.
timann

Im thinking of starting this hobby to ad on to my knife collections and I was wondering.

What is the best kind of throwing knife?

For balisongs we got Benchmade 42's, Automatic Knives we got Microtech but for throwing knives what brand/model should I be looking for?
I am very pleasured to knowing your streng hobby you may get more collections about various knife in India

Back