Which CPK are you carrying today?

Those look like the Red & Black Linen Micarta scales. I have a set for my UF and my #1 sons DEK1 has those scales. We both love them. I would leave them alone but I have never tried to buff them before.
I had left the decision whether to or not with Jo, but I wrote her back afterward and asked her to leave as is if it would lose that nice character.

Yes, they are red / black linen micarta.

I had left the decision whether to or not with Jo, but I wrote her back afterward and asked her to leave as is if it would lose that nice character.

Yes, they are red / black linen micarta.

Mine feel like they were already buffed. I wouldn't do anything to mine. But they might really shine up if buffed more. Are you wanting to make them shinier?

Mine feel like they were already buffed. I wouldn't do anything to mine. But they might really shine up if buffed more. Are you wanting to make them shinier?
I just like the figure and the character. I'm not sure "shiny" is what I'm aiming for.

Thanks. I'll report back after I hear from Jo on the subject. I remember reading a post of Nathan's where he mentioned that he likes them buffed in the smaller pieces...and unbuffed in larger pieces...or words to that effect.

Blues Blues if the EDE and FK2 catch your eye, you would be doing yourself a huge favor to take the DEK1 for a ride. It's so good, so intuitive in so many positions. It's thinner and the geometry is not as stout as the FK2, but still, when you have it in hand, things like "red headed step child!" and "rented mule!" just pop into your mind out of nowhere even if you don't normally say such things.

For my use, anything around 3.5" and I take a folder 10 time out of 10. And 4+ is not something I'd carry daily, and yet the DEK1 it is soooo slim and concealable that daily carry makes a ton of sense. Ok. I'm done.
TRfromMT TRfromMT

How are you carrying yours when concealment is a concern?

I was thinking of using one of the Pull-The-Dot loops I have spares of for my holsters to connect to the sheath for IWB carry. Any other suggestions?

I'm guessing it comes standard with a Tek-Lok , which I'm not really a big fan of, generally speaking.

(I have a drop loop requested for the FK2.)

Cross draw, about 11:00 o'clock on about a 30degree cant. With a t-shirt and a button down shirt loose, untucked there is almost no printing

Cross draw is what I planned. Don't want it on my gun side, unless I'm not carrying, but even then, I like cross draw for a fixed blade. (Plus it is good for reverse grip.)

Cant is fine. Your angle sounds about right.

I'll have to see how it works in front of or behind spare magazine.

You're canting the holster with tek-lok or other option?

Appreciate the input.:thumbsup:

Cross draw is what I planned. Don't want it on my gun side, unless I'm not carrying, but even then, I like cross draw for a fixed blade. (Plus it is good for reverse grip.)

Cant is fine. Your angle sounds about right.

I'll have to see how it works in front of or behind spare magazine.

You're canting the holster with tek-lok or other option?

Appreciate the input.:thumbsup:

Yes, a tek-lok, on the front side of the sheath. The sheath then goes inside my belt, but not inside my waist band of my pants. I managed to adjust things so the edge of the blade doesn't slice anything on the draw, like the first belt loop.

Yes, a tek-lok, on the front side of the sheath. The sheath then goes inside my belt, but not inside my waist band of my pants. I managed to adjust things so the edge of the blade doesn't slice anything on the draw, like the first belt loop.

Thanks, T. Appreciate it. I'll do some 'sperimenting after it arrives. I'm psyched. Glad you guys, (you know who you are), pushed me over the edge.

Thanks, T. Appreciate it. I'll do some 'sperimenting after it arrives. I'm psyched. Glad you guys, (you know who you are), pushed me over the edge.

Vegas rules as far as who pushed you to do anything. Vegas rules😉

Post #1004 in the DEK1 thread shows my setup.

Vegas rules as far as who pushed you to do anything. Vegas rules😉

Post #1004 in the DEK1 thread shows my setup.

Thanks. I copied the images as a go-by.

TRfromMT TRfromMT

How are you carrying yours when concealment is a concern?

I was thinking of using one of the Pull-The-Dot loops I have spares of for my holsters to connect to the sheath for IWB carry. Any other suggestions?

I'm guessing it comes standard with a Tek-Lok , which I'm not really a big fan of, generally speaking.

(I have a drop loop requested for the FK2.)
This thread has some carry options. Perhaps you are familiar with all of them. Perhaps not.

May I ask, which gun?

Are we allowed to guess? If so, p226 is my guess.

Bah. I'm thinking some kind of service revolver. J frame or k frame.

My first issued firearms were a blued 2" S&W Model 15 "Combat Masterpiece" and a blued Model 36 J frame. The only other issued revolver before the transition to semi-auto was a 2.5" Model 19. (Which is what we trained on at FLETC back in the day.)

I've only ever owned two revolvers. A Model 36 as above, and a S&W 642 which is my walking around home and immediate vicinity firearm.

The only firearm which I own two of is a Glock 26. One a Gen 2.5 I bought back in 1995 or so and carried on and off the job since that time...and a Gen 5 purchased last year.

The reason I own two is because it is a great gun, shoots well, conceals well, accepts any double stack 9mm Glock magazine, and the ten round standard capacity is legal in any state. Since I can carry under LEOSA in any state whether it has reciprocity with my NC permit or not, I wanted two in case one had to be sent for repair work while I needed to be out of state for some reason...as it's my travel gun.

I've carried Glocks since 1988. Not exclusively, but the great majority of the time. Other semi-autos were 3rd Generation S&W, double action only...and a Colt Government Model .45 Series 70 which I carried for a couple of years...both of which were owned by Uncle Sam.

And that's that.

I’m sporting a 4V EDC in my deep carry ISP from Bud.
DOlBRQ7.jpg

mj5xagk.jpg

3V DEK1 in Chad’s excellent sheath setup for cross draw with a DCC Monoblock

xGlAsIM.jpg

tNe505u.jpg

and for a little firepower, my SP101 in 357 mag :thumbsup:;)

dQlsd0b.jpg

Back