Which CPK are you carrying today?

rRbcrPCh.jpg

Every edc gets used in the kitchen. I actually put a micro roll about 5mm long in this one this past Saturday when I was cutting out some old caulk to put moldings on in our apartment. Took a gentle hone to it, just a few passes, then hit a strop for a few passes more on black, green, then plain. It’s good as new. I really like this knife. It’s a shame I can’t take it outside or it’d go with me everywhere.
E4791887-477C-4562-8728-82F8C23CCD47.jpeg

Sorry, I think I did that while I was still asleep. That was not the phrasing I was going for.:D. I meant to say nice work! Sometimes I start typing and then it skips around on me. I shouldn't send any messages before my coffee.
Ha! No apology needed. I was just funnin' and I'm glad some of my scales are recognizable. It made me smile.

Now for my carry knife:

syKOHaWl.jpg

Only way he will ever do that is if it a CPK happens to be in the car he is driving as he hits a deer.

I am guessing it will still be in the white box Jo shipped it in.

I'll be honest with you, you are not too far off :D

I almost feel guilty unboxing the careful way which Jo boxes up our CPKs but I'm too curious so I must take a peek inside ;)

I'll be honest with you, you are not too far off :D

I almost feel guilty unboxing the careful way which Jo boxes up our CPKs but I'm too curious so I must take a peek inside ;)

Am I the only one that unties the bag knot rather than just ripping/cutting it open?:oops:

Oh, and Jo, can you leave the knots a little looser?:D

Last edited:
OD Green micarta on a work knife, you pikey slag. No preorders have hit the porch.

Interesting how those OD green micarta scales turn into a brownish hue with age, oxidization, oils from the skin, etc; there was a post and an explanation by Nathan about this process a whole while back but I'm in a lazy mood to go to dig that up. I'd like to see your preorders when they hit the porch, ye sneaky bastid ;)

Interesting how those OD green micarta scales turn into a brownish hue with age, oxidization, oils from the skin, etc; there was a post and an explanation by Nathan about this process a whole while back but I'm in a lazy mood to go to dig that up. I'd like to see your preorders when they hit the porch, ye sneaky bastid ;)
These are starting to brown for sure. I have had this DEK for a while, it’s the one I got from the very first sale if I recall. The OD green scaled EDC1 that I also carry for work frequently has turned a dark, chocolate brown, there is no green hue to it at all.

If I see an older model with OD green scales that are still OD, I know I am looking at a knife that hasn’t done chit.

Today, I am digging trail and getting my DEK dirty......
View attachment 1528875
I always had you pegged as a dirty DEK.

That was in response to me posting my OD green EDC2 (the same knife I posted earlier in this thread) and commenting on how much the color had changed since I got it.

Back