What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to use Bark River knives, and similar, in my "just in case Bag" that id always keep in the car and stuff. That way if it gets broken in to or some, theyre esier to replace than Most Busse knives.
But if im driving out to the Mtns, or a Long trip, than I definitely bring the Good stuff lol A.K.A Busse

Fair call, thanks for your opinion, appreciate it. Considering the price i might hold off then

No problem man! It may not be an issue any longer, this was not long after they started up. I had the same issue with an American Kami as well

That top one is a looker. What exactly is it? Specs?

Sorry I missed your post, resinguy.

That's the M5 Golok.
1075 steel. Overall length is just over 18", blade length is 12.2", Thickness:0.20"
The one right below it is the same, but it has a satin blued finish (my crappy pic doesn't do it justice).

Can't wait till I get my BG-B13, and can do some comparisons!

I like my Beckers, but outside of Busse and kin......love me some Esee! I've beaten the snot out of my Junglas forever now and it just laughs.

Almost didn't even think of it, but my roselli hatchet almost replaces my knife when i'm bush bumming

13920966_1045528812149189_5691882986812431992_n.jpg

Well my SHE II is my go to knife but if i cheat on her i try to keep it in the family with my Scrapyard Trash-1. But if have to ill use my Tops SXB

Id take Esse over Becker any day of the week. Especially over the last few years. Kabars\ beckers quality control has fone down hill. Had a bk9 for 2 weeks and busted a huge chunk out of the edge chopping on a pine board.

Pretty much the only thing anymore is BK&T, or customs from my friend RWN2000. And one Fallkniven. Folders are like "crack" to me. Benchmade and Zero Tolerance.

I have a Half Face custom Crow Scout blade out of San Diego he makes some really great knives...It is a S35VN blade...I have worked this blade out on several camping and hiking trips I have to say it is super tough.....he has a couple month waiting list so it took 4 months or so but it is one of my few favorites that isn't a Busse :D

I have a Half Face custom Crow Scout blade out of San Diego he makes some really great knives...It is a S35VN blade...I have worked this blade out on several camping and hiking trips I have to say it is super tough.....he has a couple month waiting list so it took 4 months or so but it is one of my few favorites that isn't a Busse :D

Yea I want one of his Karambits he posted that he wanted to make 100 of. I wish Busse would release a new one with less curve to it

Yea I want one of his Karambits he posted that he wanted to make 100 of. I wish Busse would release a new one with less curve to it

Me too.....his Karambits look wicked... I was going to try and get back on his waiting list again but I'm dieing to see what Jerry has up his sleeve for part 2 of OP2W

I am so glad I am on his waiting list for a Karambit. It seems as though his popularity has been through the roof since then. My number should be up pretty soon in fact! Everything is decided except the handle material. I would like to do an orange and black carbon fiber if he can get some...

I think most of us worked up to busse. I think the last non busse knife was a bark river mountain man in 3v. I did just buy some tops and buck gadets...fish spear, atax and eco hawk. I do prefer becker to esee. I was to the point of getting the big esee chopper when I got into busse.

I like BK, still use my BK2 now and than.
But i dont really get how/why people compare them to Busse in other threads?
Are they really in same class ? One could buy 6 BK2 for the price of 1 ASH-1 LE.
i got em both, like em both, just dont get how people act like BKs and Busse are on the same level.

well, they are still a knife. and for 99 percent of the things you use a knife for, probably not a noticeable difference. Maybe? that's why? that's all I got on that one.
I like BK, still use my BK2 now and than.
But i dont really get how/why people compare them to Busse in other threads?
Are they really in same class ? One could buy 6 BK2 for the price of 1 ASH-1 LE.
i got em both, like em both, just dont get how people act like BKs and Busse are on the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back