What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone own any stainless steal fixed blades that they like and recommend?
I prefer the toughness SR101 & 3V provide me but i also would like at least one stainless steal knife as a backup all-weather knife. But something that is relatively tough and i wouldnt have to worry about breaking

infi is way more rust resistant than you would think.

Oh yes i know infi is very corrosion resistant but i am poorer than you think haha. I will own infi one day but not for a while.

I've got a few Martin customs in s35vn that I carry quite a bit, they have been very good. Tough and hold a great edge.

The Treeman Combat Knives D Guard Bowie. This was a grail knife for me since I read the article that BLADE mag published in around '08, and I finally picked one up at blade show this year.

Cleaning up some trees in the back yard with it. the skull crusher and D guard work surprisingly well against oak trees.

01 can take a pretty good beating, will have to see how it handles with some batoning and the like.

Single swipes at about a 45 degree angle to small branches- no problems here.

When I stray, it's usually customs or BF makers due to handle ergonomics. Here are 3 favorites and a new up-n-coming star (Rick Marchand EDC, Dave Wenger, Adam Gray XXL Bushcrafter & Coty Handley)

The Wildertools EDC was a custom Rick did for another member with big hands and I'm now the lucky owner of this "nused" knife. It's growing on me fast!!!

Adam modified his normal XL Bushcrafter handle length to accommodate my big paws and created a on-off XXL for me. This is the best feeling handle of ANY knife I've ever had in my hands.

The Handley and Wenger were built from drawings/patterns I sent to Dave and Coty and they both NAILED them!!! They are super close to the AA Forge in comfort (as well they should be since I made about 75 cutouts of each before sending the patterns off to them).

I have some others (and a few on order) that could easily be included, but didn't want to clutter up the Busse forum too much.;)

Man, love those Wenger knives,, might need to pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I stray, it's usually customs or BF makers due to handle ergonomics. Here are 3 favorites and a new up-n-coming star (Rick Marchand EDC, Dave Wenger, Adam Gray XXL Bushcrafter & Coty Handley)

The Wildertools EDC was a custom Rick did for another member with big hands and I'm now the lucky owner of this "nused" knife. It's growing on me fast!!!

Adam modified his normal XL Bushcrafter handle length to accommodate my big paws and created a on-off XXL for me. This is the best feeling handle of ANY knife I've ever had in my hands.

The Handley and Wenger were built from drawings/patterns I sent to Dave and Coty and they both NAILED them!!! They are super close to the AA Forge in comfort (as well they should be since I made about 75 cutouts of each before sending the patterns off to them).

I have some others (and a few on order) that could easily be included, but didn't want to clutter up the Busse forum too much.;)

really nice stuff Stump!

Like your axe Stump Buster

Thanks Guys! The Wenger was designed to be a companion piece for my Winkler Combat Hammer Axe...

When you can't cary a Busse, Winkler is first class all the way. I have couple of his axes, one is hard user, and a user spike knife; I love them. His 80CRV2 is good stuff, just a bit of vanadium and plenty of carbon, it will rust if not coated though (low chromium). With those pinned beautiful maple scales, you can't throw it around like a kdsh though.

I love my Busse knives, but I do cheat with some fixed blade customs made by BF member Hellize. (My latest from him is a little made from motorcycle chain damascus neck knife) I love his stuff!! As far as folders go, I am quite fond of my large Sebenza 25.
knife66.jpg
knife3.jpg
knife5.jpg

Sheepish confession...

O 2 Weeks has been awesome, but the following humiliation is what the closed custom shop has forced me into. I promise they don't mean a thing to me!

i-t9SwsRf-XL.jpg

1. Ryan Weeks Wood Drake with Hamon and mango wood handles
2. Carter Cutlery Whitecrane with forged damascus
3. & 4. Couple of Barkies too help get my natural wood fix
and an old Ruger single action .45 Long Colt just for fun, one day it will cost me a toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back