1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What is you favorite frame lock knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TheAmazingTacos, Jan 14, 2012.

1. TheAmazingTacos

TheAmazingTacos

Oct 19, 2011
    I was really looking into the sebenza and strider then naturally i look at other frame lock knives (XM-18, Bradley Alias 1, Sage 2, Titanium Military) and I need some help! Haha can you say which ones you like...in order and why. All help appreciated thank you.

2. Greenhead556

Greenhead556

Sep 6, 2011
    I don't own any of those but my favorite frame lock I have is my zero tolerance 0301
    It's a very well built and would stand up to whatever task you throw at it. It's not a strider but was a collaboration between mick strider and ken onion and features the strider tiger stripe on the blade. I would recommend looking at one.

3. OpKey

OpKey

Jun 6, 2011
    Don't forget the ZTs. :) I just got my 0301 and it's amazing.

It all really depends on how much you want to spend, what kind of style you like, what you're going to use the knife for, etc. All those knives have different prices, but most of them will do just as much as all the others. Take your time and look them over, pick which one you like.

Edit:Someone beat me to it.

4. elkins45

elkins45

Jun 17, 2006
    I'm very fond of this one:

[​IMG]

5. TheAmazingTacos

TheAmazingTacos

Oct 19, 2011
    Thats what you call a user! :eek:

6. JScottB

JScottB

Sep 25, 2011
    As unexciting as it is, my favorite is the sebenza. It just..works so well.

7. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I like the Darrel Ralph CUDA MAXX and MADD MAXX and also the Steve Ryan Vorpal. I like large blades especially during melon season.

8. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006
    Of course the Sebenza, the HTM Madd Maxx, the Kershaw Speedform, but my favorite is the Kershaw Volt. But the last two, Speedform & Volt, are no longer available except on the secondary market.

9. Tostig

Tostig

Jun 16, 2009
    I have quite a few framelock folders that I adore but my current favorite is my EDC , my pimped BM LFTi, truly a badass knife that can easily go toe to toe with any of the usual suspects. :)

[​IMG]

Ti and razor sharp CPM-M4....

Tostig

10. dakine

dakine

Jan 17, 2007
    Favorite right now is my ZT0301, hopefully my new favorite will be a ZT0560.

[​IMG]

11. KLJTech

KLJTech Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2005
    The A.G. Russell Acies.

12. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Although I do like my Sebenza, Buck Mayo, and Buck Waimea a lot, this one from Ray Laconico is by far my favorite
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    My Umnumzaan.

14. spydusse

spydusse

Dec 14, 2010
    [​IMG]

That ^ with this a close second[​IMG]

15. Ramiel

Ramiel Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Exact same as spydusse, XM-18/24 followed by the SR-1

16. jwblack911

jwblack911

Dec 15, 2011
    i really enjoy my zt0300. very strong, practical, elegant, and powerful.

i own a dpx Hest 2.0 which i love also. after breaking in the ti lock its a lot nicer. its a lot smaller than the zt 0300 though. but it also has a wave like open notch which doubles as a bottle opener. and a window breaker. i use the window breakers to power through packing tape while opening boxes of product at work when I'm in a rush and don't want the blade out because too many people are around and one day i always cut myself being bummed into.

and i now just bought a hogue ex01 which is by far my favorite of the 3. it opens so fast closes so smooth and with one flick. i can't say enough good things about this knife. only thats its 154cm steel.

I'm saying all this because if i had to rate my use of the 3 i would rate it ex01, 0300, 2.0

i love ti frame locks but i don't love the assisted opening of the zt 0300 i need to be careful when closing it one handed in a hurry. i personally am attracted to strong build knifes with easy opening and closing because of my personal needs.

g/l with your search. if i were you i would look into a xm-18/24 :))))))

17. Ken44

Ken44

Jun 29, 2005
    Sebenza. My small regular with BG42 is my favorite, then the large and small micarta's.

18. Specialized

Specialized

Jun 23, 2004
    For me, it's my new XM-24. It's a beast of a knife. Also like my Strider SMF and ZT 301. I need a bigger knife for my hands.

19. Shadow213

Shadow213

Jan 5, 2005
    I love my Large Regular Sebenza....lockup hasn't moved much, if at all, in the 6+ years that I've had it. Planning on ordering the ZT 0550 this week as well. :D

20. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    As far knives that I'll carry and use these are my favorites.

RJ Martin "Brickyard" Overkill...

[​IMG]

Followed by my Galyeans.

[​IMG]