1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What shades are you wearing

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by u812, Jul 30, 2012.

1. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    My son was wanting a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers,in looking for a pair for him I saw the new Wayfarer.I had wanted a pair of Wayfarers sense I was in high school but they were too small for my face.The new Wayfarer with 55mm lens fit my face much better than the original ones so I ordered a pair and just got them today.I had been wearing a pair of Oakley Radar Ranges sense 07.The Wayfarers let in more light around the frame than the Oakleys did,I will have to get used to that.The clarity is like night and day between the Wayfarers and the Oakleys.The Oakleys were all ways a pain to clean and keep clean.
    So what are you sporting in shades.

2. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2009
    WileyX Lanterns. They're awesome shades.

3. nbrown_303

nbrown_303

Jun 15, 2011
    Oakley Gascans

4. RDog

RDog

Jul 28, 2011
    Ive been sporting a broken pair of cheap berkley fishing shades for over a year, one of the lenses has a split running 1/2-3/4 of the lens. Still works.

5. Charlie Choil

Charlie Choil

Jun 25, 2012
    Oakley Oilrig

6. Nick D. Fingerz

Nick D. Fingerz

Jan 23, 2011
    Ray Ban New Wayfarers green plain lens and Balorama grey Polarized. Clubmasters in green plain for formal occasions.

7. Blunt Forged Edge

Blunt Forged Edge

May 15, 2012
    I answered in the thread "Favorite Oakleys," but I've been wearing the Rudy Project Magster for over a year now. These are excellent overall! This is what I won in a drawing over on M4C in the forum Rudy Project Eyewear.

[​IMG]

Rudy Project Magster Black Matte
    ImpactX Grey Polarized Photochromic Lenses
    Spare ImpactX Red Photochromic Lenses

The craftsmanship is very high and for the curious, they're made in Italy.

8. Rodasj

Rodasj

Mar 13, 2011
    My old reliable oakley monster dog. Had them for a few years and theyre still in great shape.

9. wouldestous

wouldestous

Jul 8, 2012
    $5-$6 pair of tinted safety glasses i bought from some landscape supply mail order. dont wear expensive sunglasses for the same reason i dont carry an expensive knife; i lose/break/misplace them too often to be worth it.

10. Char9919

Char9919

Oct 13, 2011
    Spy Hielos

11. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    Can you interchange the lens on all the wayfarer models or just some.I would like to get a set of polarized lens for my new wayfarers.

12. Nick D. Fingerz

Nick D. Fingerz

Jan 23, 2011
    As far as I know they're all interchangeable. The trick is finding the Polarized lenses at a price that is less than a new pair of glasses. Check with an eyeglass shop that sells Ray Ban. I broke a Polarized lens in an old pair of Baloramas. New glasses were $18 more than buying just the lenses. Since Luxottica bought Ray Ban, lenses seem to be harder to find, but I haven't checked lately.

13. Ramiel

Ramiel

Aug 5, 2011
    Dragon Murdock. I don't have my own pic, but this is the color I own. Gold Frame/Bronze Polarized lens.
    [​IMG]

14. mugwump867

mugwump867 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2004
    I also broke down and ordered a pair of the New Wayfarers 55mm in the black rubberized finish before a trip earlier this month and they worked out great. Slipped less than my sport shades during biking, sailing, and hiking. I have a huge head and they fit pretty well I just wish that they stretched a bit further back behind my ears. My only fear is that they're becoming trendy yet again since I noticed an awful lot of teens sporting various Ray-Bans.

15. GabD

GabD

May 22, 2012
    I have wayfarers

16. dodisman

dodisman

Dec 12, 2011
    Revo Headway

[​IMG]

17. nate1714

nate1714

Apr 16, 2005
    I like my oakley straight jacket. However a $10 pair of polarized glasses that look decent are better when you might loose them.

18. thatotherguy

thatotherguy

Oct 9, 2011
    Right now I have a pair of cheap $10 "aviators" that work OK, but I do currently have a pair of 55mm American Optical pilots on their way to me.

19. din

din

Feb 16, 2006
    the Ghost of Christmas Past.

20. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Oakley M frames and ESS saftey wraps for untinted protection.

Bill