What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

JohnDF

Gold Member
glad to see you’re enjoying the mini.
Thanks, it's a wonderful little knife. 🤠 :thumbsup:
CC23A9DC-993B-4146-B709-1C2117F22161.jpeg
Great pair... I'd use the crap out of the Texas Jack and fondle/admire the little GEC. 🤠:thumbsup:

paulhilborn

Gold Member
Heavenly horn, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ravishing royalty, Will! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info on the Böker, and for the evocative ebony equal-enders! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

It's useful to have some utility "in the bank" at the end of the day.
The Leatherman gets some use in the bathroom, but it mainly "lives" there because I can always find it there; my wife doesn't pile anything on the counter behind/over the toilet, so the tool doesn't get buried like it might in almost any other location. o_O

That's a level of subtlety I actually notice! :rolleyes:
Thanks, Todd; after my ill-advised mod, my "little" Opinel #6 is even smaller. 🤓

Thanks, Jack and John; I wish I could be more like my Pioneer!
:thumbsup:

I should start looking for examples of those classic old brands. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Glad I could have some influence! 🤓:cool::cool:

That is a sensational knife, probably in my top 5 favorite GEC models!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Handsome knife, ED, and I got excited thinking about your chili lunch! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I was sad when I read in a later post that you weren't able to get out for chili.:(

That's a beauty, LT, that looks like you got it straight from the factory yesterday! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: How old is it really, and how much does it cost to rent a time machine??🤓

Thanks for digging out that additional info, Jer; I can see why you're enthralled with yours! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your double lambs are definitely a treat, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good wood, Steve; that equal-end jack is excellent! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You sure post nice knives, including this vintage Case pair! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Diverse duo, Jack; really like the looks of the Bexoid lamb! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good-looking wood on your 66, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

What a jewel, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Case chestnut jigged bone is outstanding IMHO.

- GT
Thanks Gary, I really am liking this one and agree on the covers, Case does them right :thumbsup:

paulhilborn

Gold Member
My wife is a high-up muckety muck in her school district.
As such, she needs to attend different events at her district's schools.
Because I like spending time with her, and watching football, I make her sign up for the football games.
I especially enjoy it when it is at one of the little mountain towns. Small hometown football games are a lot of fun.
Last night we went early, stopped at the local market that has a grill, ate dinner outside and enjoyed the wonderful view.

I'm really enjoying the Case Wharncliffe Mini Trapper gifted to me by Todd bigfish64 bigfish64 , I think it's staying in the pocket again today...

That right there is a perfect Friday night John:cool:

bigfish64

Gold Member
Thanks, it's a wonderful little knife. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Great pair... I'd use the crap out of the Texas Jack and fondle/admire the little GEC. 🤠:thumbsup:
That’s exactly what I do. I really like the single wharncliffe on the 06. I have a blue one also. I really like the Micarta too, but it’s the two blade version, need to someday find a single Micarta and Bone to complete the set. 😉👍

Thank you. It's actually Stag. I believe its a 5235 1/2 Jack. Don't quote me though.
Shows what I know! If it's 3 3/4", it should be the 35. The 31 is 3 3/8" or so.

Edit--Correction of bad info thanks to mbkr mbkr --the 31 is the longer frame, the 35 the shorter.

Here are some Delrin handled knives from the 70s, 35s on the top, 31 center bottom:

EOn0Vrm.jpg

Last edited:

Modoc ED

Gold Member
Can't help myself. It's the Remington again today. I like the Muskrat blade. Makes me want to go out and hunt muskrats. Who am I kidding. Haven't hunted in a few years now - legs won't let me walk uneven ground.:(

1631981838809.png

Last edited:

Modoc ED

Gold Member
We had a thunderstorm roll through last evening which first shook some leaves off the walnut trees, and then blessed us with a nice rain. And I fell asleep to the sound of a second blessing of light rain.
So my gardens, trees, and grass are happy this morning.
Manny is happy as always. He loves to go out with me to take my knife photos. View attachment 1642519 It’s kind of our routine. And this dog makes me happy. He was my late son’s. He brought him home as a wee pup in late ‘16. And after he passed away the following July, Manny clung to me hard. Never in my life had a dog so dedicated and bonded. View attachment 1642534 And even though my happiness doesn’t come from material things, a decent guitar, good knives, and a cup of strong black coffee let me know life is good today. View attachment 1642518 So y’all have a happy day now!

Nice knives, guitar, and coffee but the highlight of your post is Manny. Dogs hold a lot of memories with them and Manny's direct tie to Jason must be comforting. I'd bet Jason's scent is still throughout your home and Manny looks for him through you. Hope this isn't off base.

Jack Black

Gold Member
Diverse duo, Jack; really like the looks of the Bexoid lamb! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks pal, I think it's a good honest user, and at £1, it was a bargain :) :thumbsup:
Nice Saturday choice Bill ;) :thumbsup:
Hope you and your Hartshead are having a great weekend, Jack. :):thumbsup:
Thanks a lot John, had a pretty nice day :) :thumbsup:
My wife is a high-up muckety muck in her school district.
As such, she needs to attend different events at her district's schools.
Because I like spending time with her, and watching football, I make her sign up for the football games.
I especially enjoy it when it is at one of the little mountain towns. Small hometown football games are a lot of fun.
Last night we went early, stopped at the local market that has a grill, ate dinner outside and enjoyed the wonderful view.

I'm really enjoying the Case Wharncliffe Mini Trapper gifted to me by Todd bigfish64 bigfish64 , I think it's staying in the pocket again today...

That sounds pretty cool my friend :) :thumbsup: