What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Wow, gorgeous knives all over this thread today, thank you all for the beatiful pictures :thumbup:!

For me today:

I am liking those sheathes. Who makes it? Do you carry them in your front or back pocket? Ever have an issue with a bent tip on a fixed blade?

These two in mammoth ivory are with me this weekend,

Rick Menefee dogleg in 154cm and a modified subhilt Chute in CPM 154 by Tim Steingass,

attachment.php

Old Engineer

Gold Member
Tim , Gevo , Dadpool , Jack & JR : Thank you for your compliments on my Tuna Valley Gunstock and I agree that there should be more Tuna Valleys with pictures posted . I also think that will happen when JR & Dadpool get theirs.There are just so many great knives posted today that it is hard to believe. However my Battleship Desires have to be held in check by my Rowboat pocketbook.

Harry

Those are beauties David. A good feather pattern is one of my favorites, and that slippie has it in spades. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

I am liking those sheathes. Who makes it? Do you carry them in your front or back pocket? Ever have an issue with a bent tip on a fixed blade?

Hey ghorn11 - that sheath comes with the Bark River City Knife from KnivesShipFree, the CPM 154 versions, and I think is called the Adirondack. I carry it in my right front pocket. I have never had an issue with the tip bending, but the City Knife is pretty stout, it would be difficult to bend one of these little guys.

Bob and Tim - These both have the Sheepsfoot blade. I do not think that they ever made a 2 blade with the Hawkbill.
I carry the orange one a lot, the NifeBright is mint:D

16303455506_fd94a3fe58_b.jpg

16121892310_4fdf5d1b5e_b.jpg
Thanks Ron. I've got to find a sheepsfoot. That's a very useful pattern in a nice size.

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've been admiring the little pocket fixed blades I see here from time to time. I want one, but the ones I fancy are a little spendy for something I just don't know if I'll find comfortable or useful to carry. So recently, I found this cheap little China-made Browning in a pawn shop. I really like the shape and size of it. I made a messy looking sheath for it from some scrap, and am carrying it this weekend just to see how I like it. Kind of a test run.

I had to put it aside to carry this one to go to a friend's son's Bar Mitzvah this morning,

but the little fixed blade is back in my pocket now. Back pocket? Left front pocket? I keep switching.

dispatch184

Gold Member
As always this thread keeps me occupied for a half hour catching up each day. Always something new to drool over. :DThis one with me past few days.

20150530_134453_zpspr7hhbjv.jpg

Old Engineer

Gold Member
Well Drew , now that you have had it and coon-fingered for a few days , does it feel as nice in the hand as you thought it would.

Harry

dispatch184

Gold Member
Thank you Dean, and Harry it does! What I noticed right off the bat were how perfect the transitions are. Running my finger from the bottom of handle to the tip of the blade there are no raised edges. Combine that with the rounded wood and it is extremely EDC friendly.

That is a fantastic rustic shot there, neat knife.

Thanks Drew:) we just had quite a big storm roll through so sunshine is a little scarce at the moment. I really can't explain it, but I just love scout knives. I have others that I carry and like very much, but there's just something about scout style knives that really hit home with me.

Thank you again for the very nice comments:)

Ryan

Had a hydraulic line go up

Had to get out the power washer to clean up had to take off the carb and clean had bad gasket...

GLAD I SHARPENED UP MY WHITTLER recently :D

Happy Saturday :)