What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Jack Black

Gold Member
Jack, don't blame your better half. This virus spreads like wildfire. It's the reason I don't step foot on a cruise ship. Fascinating too the way it goes as fast as it comes on. Last time I had it I was down for a day, and shoveling snow the next.:thumbup:

OK Tom, I'll let her out of the cellar! :D Sounds like you recovered faster than me. I definitely feel a lot better today though. :) :thumbup:

GuestWho101

Gold Member
tuxpi.com.1484891223_zpszolvgmpw.jpg

OK Tom, I'll let her out of the cellar! :D Sounds like you recovered faster than me. I definitely feel a lot better today though. :) :thumbup:

Jack, I am a hospital microbiologist by trade. Norovirus does appear to be getting nastier. Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Jack Black

Gold Member
Jack, I am a hospital microbiologist by trade. Norovirus does appear to be getting nastier. Glad to hear you're on the mend!

I thought your forum name might not be coincidental Tom ;) Thank you very much, I consider myself lucky that this was my first brush with it :thumbup:

Railsplitter

Gold Member
Been carrying these two for the past 2 months but it's time for a change.

After the daunting task of deciding which knives to carry next, my decision landed on these two.

Oh my that humpback pattern is amazing! I'd love to have one of those humpback stockmans.

SVTFreak

Gold Member
I've had this one for a while, but haven't shown it before. I generally prefer jigged bone to smooth, but when the colors pop like on this 1993 Fight'n Rooster, then smooth is in. Beautiful and consistent gradient from light edges to dark center on both sides. Mint except for a little speckling of patina along the spines.

e7fc7916-2ec1-464e-adc6-e1d894bbe525_zps2rqtgdxr.jpg~original

FRsmoothgreen_zpseihdmhuf.jpg~original

That's a nice rooster. Mine is one of the biggest knife surprises I've ever ran across.

I've had this one for a while, but haven't shown it before. I generally prefer jigged bone to smooth, but when the colors pop like on this 1993 Fight'n Rooster, then smooth is in. Beautiful and consistent gradient from light edges to dark center on both sides. Mint except for a little speckling of patina along the spines.

FRsmoothgreen_zpseihdmhuf.jpg~original

No secret I'm partial to green anything and smooth bone more than jigged. That is the best of both worlds. Amazing color and (lack of) texture. Lovely!

Bad lighting is really bad, but it's still the soda scout for me.

76F2D031-515D-4558-849E-56224FCD1F45_zpsnzgfwwd5.jpg