What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

bigfish64

Gold Member
Spotted a little canoe floating in the bay and decided to give it a try.
s7FGR21.jpg

(and Vic Cadet)
Those are sweet little knives Headwinds! 😎👍
That burlap has a nice look to it, Todd. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I imagine those will sell well for Case.
Thanks Greg, I really like the color, just wish it had a bit more texture to it, it’s very smooth and shiny, but that’s just my personal preference. I think it will sell well and I’m looking forward to other patterns in this line. 😊👍

5K Qs

Gold Member
I've carried a trio of trappers this week, 2 assigned to me by my rotation schedule and 1 a "free choice".
A Rough Rider full-size trapper fills the slot of Big Knife of the Week:
trapper.open.jpg

A Case Carhartt wharncliffe trapper (thanks, John) is my Miscellaneous Knife of the Week:
carhartt.mark.Vstand.jpg

Both of my free choice knives this week are Rough Riders, one a smooth tobacco bone lockback medium trapper and the other a "midnight swirl gentleman's sowbelly" (thanks to Todd for both):
lockMT.mark.2open.rock.jpg
swirlsow.pile.3open.sill.jpg

- GT

bigfish64

Gold Member
I've carried a trio of trappers this week, 2 assigned to me by my rotation schedule and 1 a "free choice".
View attachment 1638677

A Case Carhartt wharncliffe trapper (thanks, John) is my Miscellaneous Knife of the Week:
View attachment 1638678

Both of my free choice knives this week are Rough Riders, one a smooth tobacco bone lockback medium trapper and the other a "midnight swirl gentleman's sowbelly" (thanks to Todd for both):
View attachment 1638690
View attachment 1638701

- GT

Great photos Gary, really glad you’re enjoying those knives! 😎👍

JohnDF

Gold Member
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. 🤠:thumbsup:
Super Cute Pup... Love the Brindle coloring. 🤠:thumbsup:
Gorgeous and special Lambsfoot, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
Versatile pair, John!
Thank you, GT. :)
Super Cool Trapper, Todd.
Hope you like it as much as I like mine.
carhartt.mark.Vstand.jpg
You're welcome, my friend.
That's still the best of the ones I gave away.

SteveC

Gold Member
View attachment 1638677

View attachment 1638678

View attachment 1638690
View attachment 1638701

- GT

Nice Stockman's and terrific Trappers !

5K Qs

Gold Member
The Mad Professor’s Mathematical Knife Rotation Algorithm served up a winning quartet this week.
I realize the photo of the black Spartan is not a new photo, but it is a harbinger of things to come.
And our axis has rolled enough that even as late as 7:30 am I’m not getting direct sunlight for a photo :(
Thanks, Jeff. :)
It's amazing how "time marches on"! 😲 A lot of daylight has been whittled off both ends of the day in the past couple of months; hard to believe we're only 10 days from the Fall Equinox.

Last rabies shot! No more hospital till December, God willin' and the crik don't rise.
Cause for rejoicing! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I always like the Ancient Barlows... Like me, they look older than they are. ;)
For much of my life, I looked younger than I actually was. But in my late 50s, my appearance seemed to take a quantum leap forward, and since then, I've looked older than my age. o_O Maybe some kind of Dorian Gray thing?;)

Thank you, GT. :)
If they had gotten the blade cant correct, it might not ever leave my pocket.

Thanks again, GT. :)
I spend way too much time looking for Case Single Blade Trappers on the Bay.
At least the time you invested paid off! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TGIF... It sure took it's time getting here!
Splendid pair of knives, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, guys! The little Esquire penknife pairs well with just about anything.

h87hYYj.jpg
Striking photo: sun, shadow, ebony, gold glitter!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:🤓

Love the character on the old cross Pioneer !
There is no replacement for that one, GT. 🤠:thumbsup:
That Old Cross Alox is one of my favorites of yours.
Great lineup today. I really like that Alox.
That is a fine group GT. As has been noted by many, the cross Pioneer has a great weathered look. I'm sure it has many stories that could be told.
Thanks for the Pioneer praise, people. :) Definitely one of my best finds, although it now looks almost as it did when I first found it in an antiques store, so I don't know any more of its stories than you do.;)

Carpenter’s Whittler and Bullnose today. View attachment 1637442 This hat has seen the ticks and chiggers of Ft. Leonard Wood, the mosquitos of Ft. McCoy, and the dust of the Hindu Kush. I like to wear it sometimes.
View attachment 1637443
Thinking I may hit the river today. You guys talking about fishing...

Have a great day!
Commendable couple of knives, Jeff, and IMHO you've earned some fishing time! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Well, I was supposed to be on the road with the wife and kids to hit up the Georgia aquarium today, then Savannah, and onto Hilton Head Sunday. Ours youngest tested positive for RSV yesterday so we are giving her a couple days to recover at home and going to leave on Sunday. Decided to come into the office today to save some vacation time. Got the Hayn' Helper along for the ride. Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

aQ2Cb0A.jpg
I hope your daughter is feeling better by now and that you'll be able to get away for a while as planned.
Hay'n Helper is a heck of a knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Have a great weekend everyone.
fUgAQZO.jpg
Couple of ancients both looking good, Tim! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Who's on the baseball card? My first guess was Home Run Baker, but I'm not aware of him ever playing for a Kansas City team.

Fieldmaster SAK just like every other day for as many years as this model has been available ( I can't remember what I did yesterday). I've beat the crap out of several of these over many years and when I wear out I gift it to some kid and get me a shiny new one. I have a rotation of fixed blades but I can't live without my Fieldmaster.
I like your Fieldmaster "testimonial". :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I still haven't picked one up, but I decided several years ago that the Vic Fieldmaster would be the optimal SAK for me in terms of toolset and price.

It's been a spell since I've posted in this thread. My daily carries aren't overly varied in recent months and I haven't had a lot of time to devote to pictures anyway.

Thought I would take a break this morning and share - a #43 Oregon Trapper and a Jack Black SFO (Hartshead Barlow) for me today. Oh, and my 5th cup of coffee...
Welcome back, Dylan; that's a scintillating stag pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The last knife my grandfather ever carried... a 1970 Case Trapper.
View attachment 1637610
Congrats on having that priceless heirloom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I appreciate the kind words. This was my first blade cut and my first nail nick - you heard right about the nick!

Always appreciate your comments Greg. That whittler knife is typical of mid-70's to late-80's Case - a unique bone color for each side!
I didn't even realize the whittler had different bone color on each side; I though it was just due to different lighting or something. Thanks for teaching me something! :thumbsup::thumbsup:🤓

That is too awesome. He mentioned growing up in Michigan and Al Kaline in his speech. I think he was too overshadowed by Bench Fisk and later on Carter. At least it’s fixed now.
:cool::cool::thumbsup: (Jeter was a Michigan kid, too - hard to swallow him wanting to be a Yankee. o_O😁)

Missouri Trader and a Churchill

QV6itYM.jpg
Not as old as many of the knives you post, Steve, but kind of "instant classics" (especially the Churchill IMHO)! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Alluring Alox duo, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Carried these two today. View attachment 1637824
Yet another notable pair, Todd! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Single spring double bladed Klaas and a case whittler all day today.
View attachment 1637886
That black Klaas has simple elegance, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sweet stag canoe Gary! 😎👍
Thank you, sir. :)

Today it was a case canoe in peach seed jigged bone.
I'm always compelled to compliment someone who carries a canoe! 🤓:thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

bigfish64

Gold Member
Super Cool Trapper, Todd.
Hope you like it as much as I like mine.
Thanks John, I do like it a lot even though a full sized trapper with two blades really isn’t my thing, but a first for Case so I had to have it. 😊👍

I'm excited for the start of football... Go Hawks!

My Usual Lamb and Case Texas Jack will be watching the games with me.
Great companions John, good luck to the Hawks! 🏈👍

Pt-Luso

Basic Member
Any info on that? I have an avid fisherman in the family who could like something like that!

Thank you very much, I tried to send a PM with the store's website, but it doesn't enter. Is your mail full?:)👍