Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Snodgrass

Gold Member
I scored a smooth white bone Washington Jack over the weekend. I traded an autumn bone HJ earlier this year and regretted it quite a bit. So I can't wait until it gets here. As a Canadian, I am very jealous of your two day shipping, it is usually a couple weeks for me to get my packages.

Tx308

Gold Member
Found an early grooved bolster Buck 301 in good condition. I have one already but it is in rough shape.

Well, here in Germany are several dealers that sell CASE knives. I think the thing is, that they don´t sell them directly out of the US. But from CASE to a dealer and then the way goes on. I almost bought several CASE in Germany. Even GEC can be bought new here, but they are much more pricey. There I like the way from a dealer in the US. The shipping time of 4 to 6 weeks (!!) is not that great though.

LastRodeo

Platinum Member
Well, here in Germany are several dealers that sell CASE knives. I think the thing is, that they don´t sell them directly out of the US. But from CASE to a dealer and then the way goes on. I almost bought several CASE in Germany. Even GEC can be bought new here, but they are much more pricey. There I like the way from a dealer in the US. The shipping time of 4 to 6 weeks (!!) is not that great though.
Thanks for the explanation. I had the impression that Case knives weren't available outside the US any longer. Which would be a shame and detrimental to their business.

Jolipapa

Basic Member
Thanks for the explanation. I had the impression that Case knives weren't available outside the US any longer. Which would be a shame and detrimental to their business.
There's a US dealer who is very happy to send overseas Case knives quickly with as low as $5 postage.
On the other hand, most dealers in Western Europe sell Case knives with a fair increase, except one whose prices are about the same as the aformentionned US dealer.
In both cases (pun intended) the choice is quite limited. Nevertheless it is very difficult to have the very latest Cases or SFOs because most dealers handling them NEVER bothered sending to Europe.

afishhunter

Gold Member
One each:
Rough Rider/Rough Ryder "Stroke of Luck":
Canoe (3.625 inch closed)
Trapper (full size; 4.125 inch closed)
Stockman (large; 4.25 inch closed)

Marbles rendition of the Camillus "Demo" knife and Marbles Spork set.

Allegedly they will arrive 12/10. :)

afishhunter

Gold Member
Refer to post 6549, above ...

The Trapper and Stockman arrived 12/09, and are in my pocket. :)

The RR Canoe, Marbles "Demo" knife and spork, and a BTI Old Timer 858OTB stockman are "out for delivery" sometime this afternoon according to the tracking number.

These will probably be my last knife purchases/acquisitions of 2019. (No funds left, and it is exceptionally unlikely anyone will gift me a knife, or that I will win a GAW I haven't entered.)

I might get a Rough Rider "Stars of the Silver Screen" series moose (leaning to either the Gene Autry or Red Rider, but might go with the Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, or Zorro) in January. :)
If I was wealthy, the choice would be easy: "Get all five!"

Last edited:
gec-92-eureka-jack-antique-goldenrod-camel-bone__66233.1569865721.jpg

(KSF Stock photo)
Maybe today?

Chui

Gold Member
- in one of my favourite materials, Warthog, ordered this from a custom maker in SA a while back, should hopefully be with me in a few weeks

- with bit of luck should be here this weekend........along with four other custom folders from SA - nothing especially wonderful, but we’ll see...

Got a few on order that should be arriving within the next week. As of now I’m waiting on a GEC #15 ancient Barlow, #86 tortoise shell acrylic, Maher & Grosh ebony Texas Ranger, A. Wright lambfoot in Buffalo, and most recently a GEC Beer Scout. Gonna be an early Christmas for me!!!!:D

Old Engineer

Gold Member
I had to did it.

Just ordered a replacement Mora Number 1 to replace the one that walked away almost 3 generations ago.
(before my kids and grand kids happened makes 2 generations. I heard grand daughter got wedded this year, so the 3rd generation may not be and probably ain't far off.)
:)
It is kind of nice to have your Kids have Kids that have Kids .

Harry